Main Menu

Some 70 Challenger memorabilia and literature I’ve collected

Started by 70/6chall, March 02, 2021, 10:15:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Interestingly it turns out that the Autopar plugs are the right ones for my 68 Charger.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Here's a couple Autopar items I just got. The tire is 5 1/4" diameter and it's an AM radio!

blown motor

70/6chall

Quote from: ec_co on March 03, 2021, 09:39:04 PM
funny you posted this now my friend .... I just got this in the mail the other day and was going to call you, but here we are ..... (you seem to be missing this one for some reason .....)
EC_CO, I have that issue of the Slant Six Club of America club magazine, thank you for posting that up. I got back when I belonged to the club. They did a article on my Dodge as you found. Needless to say this issue is special to me. Thank you, buddy.     Al

blown motor

I'm still at it. I got a couple magazine ads hung. And picked up a hose clamp rack.

blown motor

blown motor

Today's treasures. The belt on the left is two belts in one sleeve. I was told the dealer could order them that way. I think the filters are correct for a 440. Dated May 22, 1970. 2062660. Can someone confirm that please? PH10 was also written on the box.

mccannix

Nice parts...
Same oil filter will spin on all V8 Mopars 318 up to 426 ....a picture of the bottom would better tell if yours is Mopar applicable.
Does the rest of your filter body look like the first picture I've posted.
If PH10 is written on your box, that is a Fram cross reference number and I dont believe application is for Mopar...PH8A is the Fram cross reference for a Mopar filter.
Just because they're in a Mopar box doesn't mean they're for a Mopar.
Back in the day, Mopar made filters for GM lines, Ford, American Motors and even tractors!...and packaged them with their logo.
Note the second Mopar filter I have, L-1...red white and blue, and its application on the box, and script on filter.
It cross references to PH10 Fram as well.
I also have Mopar filters in white with black label and 1/2 inch shorter white with blue label, but neither fit a Mopar engine...great for display though.
Pm me if interested in any for your collection...have some NOS belts like yours in sleeves as well.
How about a Mopar block heater for your Hemi...

Chryco Psycho

The 2 belts in one sleeve are a matched set for dual belt applications so they should be exactly the same size / length

blown motor

@mcc The business end of the filter looks the same as the Napa Gold 5151 I have for my 440. I'm sure it would go on but maybe for some reason it's not "correct". Yes it looks the same as your first picture except it doesn't have the black rim.

RUNCHARGER

Memories fuzzy but wasn't the slant sicks filter the longest one? I seem to remember going to the Dodge dealer and using the longest ones they had back in my Hemi/440 days.
Sheldon

70/6chall

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 14, 2021, 02:45:32 PM
Memories fuzzy but wasn't the slant sicks filter the longest one? I seem to remember going to the Dodge dealer and using the longest ones they had back in my Hemi/440 days.
Sheldon, I have a fuzzy memory like you do, I believe I've always used a Purolator PH8A which is the long filter for my slant. Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon