Main Menu

Do you very get antsy and want to keep changing things on your car?

Started by dave73, October 16, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

I have the bug, I can't make up my mind. I can't help but thinking about changing up the way my engine bay looks, steering wheel, wheels, tires, paint, etc, etc, etc. It's out of control, I need help.  :haha:

1 Wild R/T

Tinkering with one car isn't so bad.... Trying to build a dozen cars on a working mans budget is what I don't get.....  I know guys who own lots of projects that none of the cars will ever get finished ..... If you are working on one & happen to pick up a project to set aside thats cool, if you pick up three or four & try to work on all of them at once & nothing is making progress I start thinking you have a problem.....

Cudajason

that would be my car is apart every winter....always something to change or improve!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

There is Always something to tinker with & improve , more power to be found , different carb or tuning etc
You are normal !!
If you ever get a car "finished" you  end up buying something else to play with !

IRON MAN

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 16, 2018, 09:44:17 AM
There is Always something to tinker with & improve , more power to be found , different carb or tuning etc
You are normal !!
If you ever get a car "finished" you  end up buying something else to play with !
So true! Probably the main cause of "The one you let get away."

Brads70

You are normal !!

:iagree:  " Finished" is a little white lie we tell our wives.   Other than a full blown paint job I ran out of things to do , so I bought the Javelin to tinker with.

dave73

Quote from: Brads70 on October 16, 2018, 10:21:55 AM
You are normal !!

:iagree:  " Finished" is a little white lie we tell our wives.   Other than a full blown paint job I ran out of things to do , so I bought the Javelin to tinker with.

I'm in the same boat, car needs a paint job but that's really it. I don't know if I'll ever paint it though. It's expensive and money can be better spent elsewhere, plus, I kind of like not having a perfect paint job, it makes driving it more enjoyable not worrying about paint chips and that crap. Maybe add a dana 60 soon but it really doesn't need it. Interior is done, motor is done, car drives like a bat out of hell, it's great. I find myself wanting to change the wheels just for the heck of it and do things of that sort. Maybe i'll put a few stickers on the quarter window haha.

I'm also thinking of looking for another car to shove my 318 and 3 speed into that came out of my challenger. Would love a gasser or a convertible, or maybe a convertible gasser...

rebelyell

GoodysGotaCuda

While I'm "done" with my car, there are a dozen or so low priority things that I would like to tweak on. None of which are keeping me from enjoying the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

dodj

Anybody that sees my car consider it a 'done' car. But for me, when I see some nifty thing someone else has done to their 'cuda or Challenger on this forum, I think...Hmmmmm, I should do something like that.
And then I research a bit and look up prices...and end up buying something to modify/change. Unless that nifty thing I saw on someones car is actually a multi thousands of dollars mod.  :bricks:
so Dave...you are a completely normal e-body owner...lol  :drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 16, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
True but now you are working on the Dart & Warlock !!

That I am, but the 'Cuda is still my main pride and joy. If I found a bag of money, it'd definitely get a HellCat engine swap!  :thinking:

It seems as if the Dart will probably find a different home sooner than later, I'll likely get it road worthy and put a price on it. I'd like to focus on the Warlock and having that third old car around just puts me a bit over-extended on my car duties and storage capabilities.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on October 16, 2018, 06:22:57 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 16, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
True but now you are working on the Dart & Warlock !!

That I am, but the 'Cuda is still my main pride and joy. If I found a bag of money, it'd definitely get a HellCat engine swap!  :thinking:

It seems as if the Dart will probably find a different home sooner than later, I'll likely get it road worthy and put a price on it. I'd like to focus on the Warlock and having that third old car around just puts me a bit over-extended on my car duties and storage capabilities.

Mike, through the years many of us on the board have watched you grow from the young gun with a nice lil 318 Cuda to a man who has made allot of very good choices... And thinning the herd to keep your focus on whats important to you IMO is another good choice....   (See my earlier post in this thread  8))

nsmall

We all suffer from the illness of tinkering.  Its okay, worse places to spend time and money. :bradsthumb:

RUNCHARGER

The cars are never done. I've had mint, restored cars and they still need a polish, a carb tweak or something else to keep them perfect and that's what makes it fun.
I too have a rule to limit projects. By the time you keep all your drivers clean and maintained, do a little work and spend a bit of money on one project, you don't have that much time for the other things in life that are important. I've seen "mopar guys" or "GM guys" or whatever go decades with never owning a nice car, just a bunch of spread too thin projects that have no chance of ever running. Usually these guys end up flipping them all and think they are having fun. I have more fun investing money in things that really do make money and working on one or two nice cars that I drive. There are exceptions of course (like Cody for instance) but more guys fail at multiple projects than succeed.
Sheldon