Main Menu

Do you very get antsy and want to keep changing things on your car?

Started by dave73, October 16, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Found a pinhole leak in my radiator yesterday. It seemed to have resolved itself using the 3-step premium coolant flush/sealant though.

Bought a new driver's wiper blade to replace my aftermarket one that seemed to make contact with the hood.

Still need to drop my gas-tank out to replace the gas tank seal. Plan to do that over the winter.

These cars are never done!

But they are so fun.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

BIGSHCLUNK

Let's see now.... it started this year w ROADMAN's (RIP brother) relay kit

which turned into a video

which turned into a new terminal block

which turned into some new wiring

which turned into a new deeper trans pan

Which turned into a new radiator

which turned into a new clutch and fan

which turned into new VC gaskets

which turned into a new intake gasket

which turned into another video

which turned into  :stayinlane:

Mpdlawdog

Im the king of "oh well thats apart...Ill......"  dragged it home 5 years ago with a blown motor..the plan was to rebuild the motor and drive it and restore as I went!  pulled the motor out...while it was out, my friend (who is a perfectionist) came over and tells me I need to replace the inner fender because it was alittle bent due to an accident at some point in its life....I said no way I couldnt tell without really looking...he talked me into it....next thing I know we are changing it out....oh while its apart Ill drop the kframe and rebuild the suspension...oh I like the 70 grill and tail lights better....so new fenders, grill, rear tail light panel and side markers put in...5 years later I still have not driven the car!  I should have just dropped the dang motor in and driven it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave73

Quote from: Mpdlawdog on October 17, 2018, 04:20:45 AM
Im the king of "oh well thats apart...Ill......"  dragged it home 5 years ago with a blown motor..the plan was to rebuild the motor and drive it and restore as I went!  pulled the motor out...while it was out, my friend (who is a perfectionist) came over and tells me I need to replace the inner fender because it was alittle bent due to an accident at some point in its life....I said no way I couldnt tell without really looking...he talked me into it....next thing I know we are changing it out....oh while its apart Ill drop the kframe and rebuild the suspension...oh I like the 70 grill and tail lights better....so new fenders, grill, rear tail light panel and side markers put in...5 years later I still have not driven the car!  I should have just dropped the dang motor in and driven it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you over here, remember you from CC. Hope all is well and you get that car on the road soon!