Main Menu

Don't be shy Lets see those factory marks.

Started by js27, November 09, 2018, 08:49:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I thought I would share the factory marks I found on my 70 383 Challenger R/T when I restored it. I thought it would be interesting to compare marks from different cars. My car was built in Hamtramack for Calif. delivery on Nov 20th 1969.
JS27

js27

Round 2

js27

Round 3

Cuda Cody

Good stuff!  Your car looks to be in great shape.  Don't see many in that good of condition.  :veryexcited:

js27

Thanks Cody-I was very lucky to score a rust free Calif Car. All original body panels including the trunk. The only part I had to replace was the passenger side rear floor pan which I did with a rust free original. Paid a little more for the car but saved a ton on body work.
JS27

headejm

1970 R/T SE 383. Build date May 1970. Hamtramck, MI.

Cuda Cody

I love threads like this!!!  Super cool markings.  :popcorn:  :ohyeah:

Sleepychallenger

I may have to climb around my car and see if any markings are still there. I have one doc that was folded and shoved in the glove box from going down the line and there is a mark under the original dash

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

anlauto

Whoa black Betty ...
This is on a sunroof slider panel from the ASC company
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Hard to see unless you blow up the picture but my 1970 V code had 26 on the firewall.

76orangewagon

Here's what I found on my 71 Cuda' .....The 8 3/4 3rd member is out of a 1970 AAR with a 3.55 SG.

Topcat

A member here by the name of Orval sent me these last year.
He said they were under his carpet.

GrandpaKevin

1971 R/T Challenger with cloth insert seats which include carpet on the bottom of the door panels similar to 1970 Challenger SE carpeted door panels

Car has June SPD.

I removed the door panels and carpet inserts and found markings on the inside of the drivers door in the same location as many others.

Also found manufacturer's stampings on the back of the carpet inserts including possible initials of person who assembled the carpet inserts. :notsure:

HR738

Topcat

Members that posted pictures before on CC.com on the following thread:

Signatures & doodles from inside the assembly plants

Bring them over here.