Main Menu

Drag Week 2017 wooot!

Started by Marc70challenger, March 04, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

They said last year sign up closed out in 20 minutes.

So at noon today (EST) ... well ... 1140am ... I was poised at desk, constantly refreshing the page waiting for the link .. 1203p I hit the submit button and get the "congratulations ... " screen.

This year sign up closed out in 6 minutes ... holy crap ..http://www.hotrod.com/articles/registration-goes-live-march-4-hot-rod-drag-week-2017-presented-gear-vendors/

Motor and build should be done mid to end April.  Then get as much seat time and testing as we can before Sept!!!   Excited as hell ... got good friend from up North coming along - gonna be blast!!!

Cuda Cody

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

Topcat

Cool to hear you made it in.

Make sure to keep this thread going and tell us how it went when you return.

Brads70

:D  Should be a fun experience for sure!  :banana:

Cuda Cody

Yes, we're going to want daily updates the whole week.!   :yes:  And photos, lots of photos!

Quote from: Topcat on March 04, 2017, 06:52:33 PM

Make sure to keep this thread going and tell us how it went when you return.

Marc70challenger

Thanks everyone!  My wife - and trying to get youngest son, will follow along.  We'll try our best to get timely stuff up.  And Ive had a GoPro now for a year ... once I get it out of the package and read a little I should be able to use it .... :thinking:

HotRod also runs a live feed each day and 1320 on YouTube does a daily re-cap - mostly though of the rocket sleds running under 8.0 seconds   :veryexcited:    Low 10s are a dime a dozen  :driving:

I've got a build thread on another "A-body" website ... didn't want to polute the E-body website with that old ugly fish thing ...  :P

But here's general overview:

Long to short

We've been working on car since October. I completely re-wired it, installed Speedwire relay and switch panels, Painless relays for all lights and accessories, horn, turn signals and flashers to get it registered for street

383 stroked to 431, Ross pistons, H beam rods, Scat 4340 crank, Harland rocker arms, solid roller, Melling oil pump, and Edelbrock Victor intake.

Trick Flow heads - 6161T784-C00. Combustion chamber 78cc/240cc intake runner/74cc exhaust runner /2.190" intake valve diameter/1.760" exhaust valve diameter
W
Camshaft Howards Cams - 721883-08. DURATION: 263/269 (in/ex) at 050, advertised 295 int/301 exh, LIFT .675/.650, LSA 108 degrees, valve lash .022"

To finish off: Meziere relocated (radiator mounted) water pump, 170 amp Mechman alternator, and Ultimate 16 Roller Sprag (Super Sprag), valve body with LBA, & a steel front drum Tech 5.0 EFI (rail). Also will take look at trans (refresh with Ultimate 16 Roller Sprag (Super Sprag), valve body with LBA, & a steel front drum) and install JW ultra bell SFI on trans.

Few pics post in "what are you building thread". https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project/10/what-are-you-building-right-now/32/msg8670#msg8670

New pics of incoming stuff. (If the pics are sideways, let me know ... sometimes from iPad they post funny .. lol )

Cuda Cody

You gotta be feeling so good right now!!!!  :banana:  Can't wait to see you run down the track.   :popcorn:  This is going to be great.

303 Mopar

This is a really cool event, so glad you got in!  I can't wait for pics and videos!  :takepicture:

Marc70challenger

Thanks!  Ya ... I'm psyched ... fun to get back into wrenching ... at least to a point ...  :wrenching: ... leaving some stuff to experts ... :slapme5:

Marc70challenger

Quick update. Things moving along with car.

Brakes: new pads and rotors, and replaced all lines and fittings.

Suspension: Cal Trac single mono (-1) with ladder bar and shocks installed. New 90/10s on front. Stance certainly has changed.  :o

Moved to using new TF 270 heads over 240s. And ATI Supercase Pro TH400 with transbrake. (Apologies to purists  :please: )

For what started out as "hey, let's build a budgeted, moderate drag/strip car" has turned into ... well ... y'all know the story.

And, of course, being a Mopar, with a motor not designed for the car and a stroked 383 B block to boot ...   :crazytalk:

But hey ... it is a Mopar, and motor and a neat platform ... so what the hell.

We're traveling for biz now. Hope to have it running mid May. Want as much time to work out kinks for road trip and street. And some track time of course.

Best of all, @Brads70 will be joining us. Really looking forward to the whole drag week experience with great dude and buddy. I'm putting in another fan inside though. Heaven knows how hot that little cars is going get inside in the summer with us two tooling around the Midwest.  :banana:

Some not-so-great pics.

Edit:  again with pic orientation. Lol.  Fix if i can get o computer. iPad today

Brads70

Should be a blast! My kids keep watching roadkill episodes, some are with Drag week , they are excited too!   :D

Marc70challenger

Updates/additions:  Magnaforce k-member, coilovers, new front 4 piston brakes, and rack going in along with GearVendors. I owe my sweetheart of a wife a 5-speed for her '57 now.  :rofl:  at least.

When we get home in a few days, I'll be heading over every day I can to wrench with em and help.  Need this puppy on road asap and moving.  :burnout:

Will get some pics.

@Brads70 if the kids haven't found it yet, 1320 videos has daily wrap up and other story stuff from drag week. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkekz7OLX4Q4e8wNwa96ikr1dGP5nR2A9  His other stuff is pretty cool too

Cuda Cody

This is fun getting to watch and feel like we're part of your team!  Thanks for the updates.   :drinkingbud:

1 Wild R/T

Congrats on making the show!!!   Whats with all the concerns of getting it done?  Be like everyone else, be wrenching Sept 8th.... Then again if you were with the RoadKill guys that would be Sept 10th... :haha:  As mentioned, IF you can make the time, post pictures.....