Main Menu

E body part?

Started by cudabin, August 05, 2022, 07:22:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudabin

Hi,
  I am new to this forum and have recently purchased a 1974 Cuda project car that came with a mix of 1970-1974 Barracuda parts. In the mix was the following. Can anyone help identify this part. It is a piece of flat bar with oval cut holes with a flat seal attached. Cannot find any Chrysler markings or part numbers on it. Thank you.

tparker

It's hard to tell by the photo, but my guess is it goes on the inside of the hood. Sorry, I don't know what it called.

you can see it here.
https://www.moparmall.com/OE-Style-Molded-Hood-Insulation-Pad-for-1968-1969-p/827-035-_-825-336-x25.htm

MoparCarGuy

It is the Hood to Radiator Seal.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on August 05, 2022, 09:41:41 PM
It is the Hood to Radiator Seal.

I agree. It should measure 51 1/4 +/-

Jay Bee

Okay, my hood to rad support seal has no "flat bar". As far as I know, no ebody has any flat metal that's part of that seal.

Welcome to the forum and where are you in Ontario. Close enough to Moparfest to attend? I'm in Niagara Region.

anlauto

It's off of a 1970 Dodge Charger. It screws to the front bumper assembly to seal off the area between the front of the hood and the front bumper  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudabin

Thanks for noticing Jay Bee. Live in the Windsor area and have attended Moparfest in the past. Hoping to attend this year again.

cudabin

Thank you anlauto....much appreciated.