Main Menu

Engine run stand

Started by truckinman466, April 15, 2017, 05:52:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

truckinman466

Has anyone built an engine run stand for a 440? If so, I'd like some advice on how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Marc70challenger

Found this one on Youtube. 

I've found YT to be the new Chiltons ...  As long as you can discern those who know what they are talking about and the morons ....  :rofl:

There's a bunch of other how-tos as well.  Seems pretty easy if you have some basic skills (and even easier if you can weld).

Hope it helps!

Cuda Cody

I've built a universal stand that I have run 340's 383's 440's and Hemi's on.  If I could suggest one thing I would say to have your engine professionally broken in and tuned on a real engine dyno that can put load on the engine.  That way you can tune the carbs under driving conditions and check for leaks under pressure.  We just recently had a 440+6 that only leaked out a small bit of coolant from a casting error in the head while it was under load.

But if you still want to build your own, here's one I did to help you get some ideas.

truckinman466

The engine has already been run on a dyno with the six pack setup that the guy I bought it from had.I'm putting my six pack setup on it.I really wasn't ready for a motor but, the deal came up.It will be a while till I'm ready to put the motor in so, I'd like to be able to start it up till I'm ready.I was thinking about getting one of those stands that you put the k frame and engine on and trying to enhance it to a run stand.

Cuda Cody

That's what I wish I did.  It seems way better to have a K-Frame engine stand that can be used to run the engine and double as a dolly to put the engine in the car.   :yes:

303 Mopar

The picture of that Hemi on the stand is just awesome!!  :banana:

truckinman466

I actually was thinking about that too. I think I could make it work