Main Menu

Fender Tag Found - 1971 Barracuda - BH23G1B406952

Started by DeathProofCuda, July 06, 2020, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

I rediscovered this while looking for some other documentation for my Cuda the other day.  I "believe" this may be the fender tag from my first Barracuda.  Originally GK6 (Dark/Autumn Bronze Metallic) with a black vinyl top.  I purchased it in early 1987 from Bruno's Autobody in Pine Island, NY after it was painted what my girlfriend referred to as "arrest-me-orange".  I added the aluminum slots in the photo below and drove it for two years, before selling it during the summer of '89 at Mopars at Englishtown.  IIRC, a kid from Massachusetts bought it.

I would love to be able to reunite this with the car if it is still around.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

adm413

I know this post is 2 and a half years old and this is a long shot but I now own this car. Not sure if you still have the tag or not but please private message me if you can as I would love to talk. Thanks

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: adm413 on November 30, 2022, 03:05:46 PM
I know this post is 2 and a half years old and this is a long shot but I now own this car. Not sure if you still have the tag or not but please private message me if you can as I would love to talk. Thanks

@adm413

I still have the tag.  I'd love to see some pics of this car as it is now.  PM me your contact info and we can figure out a time to talk.  :cheers:

cuda hunter

Did the tag ever get reunited with it's original car? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

DeathProofCuda

I'm a bit behind on life due to the recent passing of my father, but the tag will be in the mail this week.

cuda hunter

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on March 05, 2023, 02:01:05 PM
I'm a bit behind on life due to the recent passing of my father, but the tag will be in the mail this week.

Sorry to hear about your father.  I am dealing with my Dad's decline now, and not very well at that.  Very cool that you could get the tag back to the owner - neat story!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....