Main Menu

Found Broadcast Sheet

Started by atdoray, November 16, 2019, 05:28:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

atdoray

Hello, I recently obtained and am restoring a 1970 challenger that's been stored since 1984. We located a broadcast sheet to a different vehicle in one of the bucket seats. We can track the vehicle back to the original owner and the sheet was definitely put in there at the factory. The sheet is in outstanding shape and I would be happy to send it to the owner if we could connect. The VIN is JS23N0B206553.

JH27N0B

I added the VIN to the title so if someone does a google search of their VIN it would make it more likely they'd find this thread.
You could contact Barry at the Hamtramck registry, he may have info on the current owner.

Jay Bee

Here's a link to Barry Washington's "Hamtramck Historical" website.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/

Welcome to the site too.  :wave:

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @atdoray   :welcome:  If you want to decode the other car's sheet or if you have one for your car you can do it here for free...

https://decoder.e-bodies.org/1970-mopar-build-sheet-broadcast-decoder/

atdoray

Thanks for the suggestions and adding the VIN. I have contacted Barry to add it to the registry. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a build sheet for mine. @Cuda Cody thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it. I'm very excited about getting into this car. It's a 440 six pack 4 speed, purple with a white vinyl top, white interior and white stripe. Car has been sitting in a garage since 1984.

anlauto

Quote from: atdoray on November 16, 2019, 08:56:55 AM
It's a 440 six pack 4 speed, purple with a white vinyl top, white interior and white stripe. Car has been sitting in a garage since 1984.

Sounds like a great car to restore  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

floorit426

Out of curiosity, how does the VIN number on the broadcast sheet, compare to the VIN, on your car?

7E-Bodies

Excellent question. I was just wondering that.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

They would be the same VIN number  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

I think what he's asking, is how close is the VIN number of his car, to the VIN of the broadcast sheet he found in it.
My T/A had 2 broadcast sheets for another T/A 22 VINs after it, in it.

anlauto

Oh yea...my bad....I misunderstood the question... :headbang:

6bblgt

the broadcast sheet found in a wrong car can give clues as to the actual build date of both cars,
can you share a pic of the found broadcast sheet? 
Does your car have its original door sticker, is it November or December?

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

although I'm having difficulties with cars scheduled between Thanksgiving & Christmas 1969 - every piece of the puzzle helps  :looney:

CudaMoparRay

atdoray

The vin number is about 2500 off but the build dates are only a couple days off of each other. The scheduled build date for the car I purchased is December 1, 1969(off the fender tag) although the door sticker shows 11-1969 and the build date off the build sheet I found is December 03, 1969.
I attached the picture of the build sheet that I found.

6bblgt

WOW! pretty low on the options list for an ordered R/T - ~$600 worth
:banana: 4-speed
sure-grip
rallye wheels
vinyl top
AM w/8-track
rear speakers
undercoating

that's all!!