Main Menu

Looking for Help

Started by HemiRod, January 04, 2020, 06:16:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HemiRod

I am looking for a member or perhaps a member knows this person.  It is a 70 Hemicuda, In-Violet was in Ontario with last vin 199547.  This car I believe was on the assembly line that may have been close to mine.  I am in need of some information regarding this car, such as broadcast or fender tag information.  I need this to complete documentation on my car.  If anyone can be of assistance, please answer or message me.  Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

I assume you mean Hemi Cuda In Violet VIN 199547 ?

RUNCHARGER

547 is my old car. Here's a shot of it after I was done with it. It was sold new in Danjou Quebec. I saved it from death. FC7, white interior, Hemi, 4 speed, Super Track Pack, Tinted glass, Console, PS, were only options. No radio from factory, Cyclops dash from factory, standard wheels. I probably have a pencil rubbing of the data plate somewhere. It didn't come with a sheet.
Sheldon

HemiRod

Hi again.  I talked with you months ago.  You had told me that you could not find the pencil rubbing.  Any chance do you know who bought it?  Fender tag would help dearly.  I have found out a whole lot more about my car since we talked.  I actually met the original owner, and the 2nd owner in person this summer.  Great stories from both, and they are great people.  Same here regarding the broadcast sheet or lack thereof.  None have ever seen one.

HemiRod

Don't know what happened, I fixed it.  It previewed correctly.  I don't use spell check, it is usually incorrect.  My spelling was top notch in school.  Thanks for spotting it, as I just noticed it.

RUNCHARGER

I just got home, I'll have another look tomorrow for the rubbing.
Sheldon

6bblgt

I was going to say "547" was in BC, but @RUNCHARGER cleared that up ..... @HemiRod  "assuming" you own BS23R0B199546, what's the original drivetrain & color combo?

HemiRod

It was originally a Tor-Red, Hemi with 4 Speed.

RUNCHARGER

Hopefully you can open this. It's a repro window sheet someone had made up for the car. I know it is fake because the tag showed no radio and the letter I have from the original owner indicated the car was not equipped with rallye wheels. Perhaps some window sheet experts could point out any other incorrect issues they see,
Sheldon

6bblgt

shouldn't "COLOR CODE" be spelled "COLOUR CODE"?  :crazytalk:

for starters: the Monroney Sticker is a federally mandated label in the United States - Canada did not use these (was there a similar label in Canada?  I've never seen one)

RUNCHARGER

We had them for sure. I remember looking at them in the cars at the dealership. Obviously they would be different though, of course the pricing would be different too due to the sliding dollar values.
Unfortunately the earliest window stickers I have (original) are from a 79 Magnum GT and a 79 LRT both of which I was considering buying back in 79.
Sheldon