Main Menu

Front seat rear panels

Started by cynic4ever, July 09, 2020, 05:38:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cynic4ever

Good Evening. I started cleaning the front seat rear panels in my 1970 barracuda that has been sitting since 1987, and noticed that the panels have holes around the perimeter of the panel. I searched Google and could not find out if they took a piece of trim to fill the holes. I was hoping somebody might be able to clue me in as I'm getting my list ready for Carlisle this Saturday and would like to know what went into the holes. As always I have relied on your site for the many years of off and on tinkering with this car and now I'm putting it together. Any help would be appreciated.

6bblgt

those seat backs originated in a Cordoba (or similar) they had a "map pocket" on them - might have been available in some other '74-'76 B-bodies

you can almost see them in the attached pics  :rubeyes:

cynic4ever

Well, that is a surprise. Hard to believe that the back panels fit on the back of my barracuda seats. I guess I can plug the holes and repaint them to the correct color. They go inside the convertible and with years of sunlight and just plain old age, I had to sand them down just to get the fine crumbling plastic off the surface.  Thanks for the response.

anlauto

Yup, I agree...those panels are NOT E Body panels :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

& if those were in your '70 Barracuda .....  :stop:  those are the wrong bucket seats, if that's a concern?

6bblgt

1970 & part way thru the '71 model year had bucket seats with a pot-metal hinge covers  :takealook:

cynic4ever

As the picture shows, the drivers side seat still has the back panel on it. It really does not bother me if they came from another model car as long as they fit well and they do. When I bought the car in 1987 the only original parts left on the car were the doors. From 1970 on, the car has gotten different parts from other cars attached to it both inside and out. Sort of a Frankenstein. It must have had a hard life before I got it. At my age, its time to get it on the road. The car to me will be just for go.There will be people at shows that say this is not right or this should be like this but. bottom line is that when people see it, they will know it's a barracuda convertible. It's all for the fun and that's what its all about. Thank you for your time in answering.