Main Menu

Fuel Additives

Started by floorit426, August 29, 2018, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

Hi,

I'm looking for octane boost recommendations.

Thanks

HP_Cuda

Hey there floorit!

I've heard folks really like Royal Purple, Lucas and Torco. Are you running 92 right now? Problem with today's gas is the freaking Ethanol which causes more problems than cures.

For example, a 32oz Torco plus 10 gallons of 92 will raise your Octane to 102 which should be more than enough.

Food for thought,
Bryan
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

shawge

Any chance you can get no-ethanol gas in CA?
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

floorit426

I might give it a try. If it works, it sure seems to be more economical, buying 5 gallons. My car doesn't have any outward signs of detonation, but I do know that it sure likes race gas. However, that's a little hard on the pocketbook! :o

Rumple

VP makes one that's available at AutoZone. Claims to raise 10 gallons by 8 octane.

https://vpracingfuels.com/product/octanium/

GoodysGotaCuda

....E85 is the most obvious choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

REC 90 (ethanol free) from Wawa is what I use, mixed with some VP.

Mike

shawge

You could go down to the local airport fueling depot and ask for 5 gallons of AV gas for your "Challenger Ultralight" (it's a real plane!) which you are going to "go fly" later that day   ;) :stayinlane:
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

floorit426

That's the best one, yet! I may make a phone call to a buddy who might have an "in", at the airport.

IRON MAN

Check around for a VP self-serve station. Requires becoming a member here.  VP offers 100 + octane. There is a Union76 station off Citrus Ave , West Covina, Ca @ FRWY 10 that sells 101 octane.   

tman

You might be able to find non ethanol gas in your area.  This is sample site for WA state that lists locations that sell it.  Try it for CA. 

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA

Topcat

I've been using Torco off of E Bay and it really warmed up the Hemi.

I was being too conservative on it at first.

then Re added more and it was really making the difference.

HP_Cuda

Checked the few CA places but it comes down to they only sell the canned fuel no pump stuff.

Another good reason to leave this place.  :pullinghair:

Quote from: tman on September 07, 2018, 07:59:28 PM
You might be able to find non ethanol gas in your area.  This is sample site for WA state that lists locations that sell it.  Try it for CA. 

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA

floorit426

I think SC fuels has an outlet, in San Jose. I wonder what it would take (besides 400 or so dollars), for them to ship a drum of race gas up north.

HP_Cuda