Main Menu

please forgive me

Started by kathyscuda, March 01, 2020, 04:19:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kathyscuda

after owning prob 50 mopars I bought a chevy. I know, I know,
a 69 Camaro . x11 350 powerglide. paint code 40. butternut yellow.
runs drives.perfect orig 67 k miles interior.
the price was too good.

chargerdon

My wife is a big fan of 69 Camaro...   For me the problem with all Chevies is simply there are too many of them !!   Every car show or cruisein is going to have at least 3 68-69 camaro's...a few shoeboxes, and a couple of 66-69 chevelles..   

Im in a local classic car club...  there is only me and one other Mopar guy in a group of 50 owners.   Like being unique !!

captcolour

:needphotos:

If I had unlimited funds, after buying all of the Mopars I wanted, I'd own a '69 Camaro and a Boss Mustang.

1 Wild R/T

Nothing wrong with a 69 Camaro....  If your into that sort of thing... :vipermanhiding:

Cuda Cody

HP2

Lacking a decent RWD platform, I defected to GM products in the mid 80s. In the 90s I raced several GM products and eventually a couple of Ford products. Certainly gave some insight to the better aspects of Mopars along the way.

I've often thought of myself as a car enthusiast first, Mopar afficianado second.

340challconvert

Always liked the 69 Camaro, which was the final styling up-grade to the first generation Camaro. Personally, there are many muscle cars from different manufacturers that I would still love to own.
The original Camaro styling was used in part by Mopar stylists in developing the shape of our beloved e-body cars along with examining other "pony car" manufacturers.
When Ma Mopar designed the 70 Challenger, they worked at improving the design and availability of drivetrains and body lines. There are a lot of similarities in the design that eventually became the Challenger.  The old coke bottle shape was a basic styling motif that is still popular today. (Though I do think the modern Challenger was a better rendition of the original over the modern Camaro)

Back in the day  (1979), I had to make a decision when I was buying my first house; having owned my current A66 convertible Challenger and a 1969 Camaro SS 396 4 sp car with a cowl hood and the rare endura bumper. Needed the money and one had to go!
The Camaro went, and I kept the A66 vert till this day! And glad I did, though I do sometimes miss that old 396.   :cheers:
JMO          (not looking to start a brand loyalty revolution)

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

Camaro ???? Ok who ordered Pizza?  :Stirring:  :foul:  :haha:
Seriously though the 69 was IMO the best Camaro, I liked the later 80's IROC's until so it seemed every  "Guido the killer pimp" type  person owned one, same with the Firebirds or maybe even more so with the Firebirds. LOL

jt4406

No apologies necessary here, I'm working on restoring my wife's first car, 1969 X11 Camaro. She bought it shortly before we married (38 years ago this Oct), we drove it on our honeymoon to the Poconos in Penn. I have enough NOS sheetmetal to reskin the entire car (except the roof), a 427, 400, 12 bolt drive train (with tripower), Legendary hounds tooth interior, RS/SS trim, and it's a factory air car! I'm really stoked to get moving on it. I love my mopars, but .......   jt
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

JS29

Quote from: Brads70 on March 01, 2020, 09:20:40 AM
Camaro ???? Ok who ordered Pizza?  :Stirring:  :foul:  :haha:
Seriously though the 69 was IMO the best Camaro, I liked the later 80's IROC's until so it seemed every  "Guido the killer pimp" type  person owned one, same with the Firebirds or maybe even more so with the Firebirds. LOL
Hay I resemble that, I do still own a 68 Camaro and a 77 Trans-Am. But my 70 Barracuda is by far my favorite.  :yes:

Spikedog08

My first car was my black barracuda that I bought in 1982 which was my last year in high school . . I drove it for about a year and threw a wrist pin which caused damage in number 7 . . I was young and stupid and didn't know how it fix it nor had the cash.  So it sat .  .  In the meantime, I bought a 69 camaro Orange with a black vinyl top 350 auto  . . Was a cool car . . But was my daily driver and Michigan winter kicked its ass . . Pretty rusty when I sold it.  But the cash I got was just enough for the interior in my 73.   Somewhere I have a picture of it with the cuda . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dodj

67-69 Camaros and firebirds are ok in my book. As are 69 GTO's. Nothing else gm though.  :alan2cents:
Well..... A friend of mine has a 70 LS6 4sp Chevelle. Kinda cool....  :burnout:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill