Main Menu

Go-Wing, where to buy a good one.

Started by CudaHead, December 19, 2018, 11:43:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaHead

I just bought a 1970 Cuda. It has the wing on it but it's a 71 version of the blade.
Where is a good place to buy one of the good blades or Go-Wing for a 70 Cuda?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaHead

I looking a Dales and the sites says it's "(Lightweight fiber reinforced plastic, smooth surface, hollow pedastal feet.)"

I'm also looking at Classic Industries. Theirs says "original specifications and features correct 9 pound blade as original, molded in proprietary blend ABS composite material, stanchions are zinc die cast and powder coated flat black like original."

Any ideal which one is best?

6bblgt

for the longest time, a First Place Auto Parts http://www.fpap.com/ spoiler was the way to go!  They made a OE correct high quality spoiler (~$300) & a lesser "value" version (~$150) to compete with their competitors.

is this what Dale's Cuda Shop sells? ..... being that they are both from Ohio

Jegs lists FPAP spoiler packages (complete with mounting brackets and hardware & with 2 prices) & it seems many other places do also, things may have changed since FPAP was sold/restructured after the owner's death 5+ years ago :dunno:

blown motor

A friend just got one from Roseville. It seemed really solid and looks great.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 19, 2018, 01:14:29 PM
for the longest time, a First Place Auto Parts http://www.fpap.com/ spoiler was the way to go!  They made a OE correct high quality spoiler (~$300) & a lesser "value" version (~$150) to compete with their competitors.

is this what Dale's Cuda Shop sells? ..... being that they are both from Ohio

Jegs lists FPAP spoiler packages (complete with mounting brackets and hardware & with 2 prices) & it seems many other places do also, things may have changed since FPAP was sold/restructured after the owner's death 5+ years ago :dunno:

Inside story...FPAP was having their spoilers made through Dales it was a combined effort until they had a falling out. From what I believe the over seas manufacture was the same for both companies.....

I could be totally wrong on this, it's just the story I heard from Dales years ago
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaHead

I went with Dale's.
Thanks for your input.