Main Menu

what is it

Started by mopar jack, April 17, 2021, 05:34:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

I will be looking for that at Carlisle . . New to me as well . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

autoxcuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 19, 2021, 07:35:36 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on April 19, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
Only certain motors and trans combos got them. The extent of the N95 devices depended on model, motor, and trans combinations

Friend had a 71 340 Demon automatic California car with the full systems still intact. Has a speedo sensor.

318 California automatic E-bodies have that passenger firewall device them too.

Bentpushrods, is your E-body a 340 or 318 car originally?

I don't think big block E-bodies got them. My 71 383 R/T N95 doesn't/didn't have they passenger firewall device.

But my buddies 71 383-2 Challenger does have it, including the sensor on the speed cable & the part on the far right cowl

Well noted. I forgot they still had the 383-2bbl motor in 71 Challengers. The 440-4 and 383-4bbl low-perf were N/A in 71.

I have pics of a fairly original N-code non-RT Challenger. I'll look up those pics.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

here's the firewall & a similar "gadget" that was on the firewall of the /6 3-speed "pilot" '71 Barracuda  :takealook:

it appears A/C was added (& removed) at some point  :thinking:

YYZ

As it turns out, I still have one assembly in my stash, including the speed sensor.

Date coded 8/70. @Shoooter

mopar jack

Thanks every one for solving my mystery part. It's all coming back to me now. I bought my 71 barracuda in 1996 and it had an ugly rattle can black spray paint job in the engine compartment. Everything was sprayed so the first thing I did was to pull everything out and strip the paint and patch un needed holes and that was one that got patched. This is a 318 auto California car. Don't think it will make a difference of value on the car so will probably sell it or discard since it's not complete.

cuda hunter

Sell it.  Now that there is some interest. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YYZ

I've had my setup since late 1995, time for someone else to have a turn. It's posted in the classifieds.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-misc-for-sale/9/1971-n95-nox-emissions-control-system/21161/