Main Menu

Got smoked by a tesla today

Started by nsmall, September 28, 2019, 10:05:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

Hard to beat the new technology, not sure so about the drive by burnout.....

Cudakiller70

This is good that your wife was with you, she witnessed why you need to put a Tesla motor in there.  Sell your motor and get started: post lots of pictures so we can copy. Gasser Honda who would of thought.

72 Challenger

I am obviously not a tesla owner but I have driven a couple and they definitely are cool. If that kind of power can easily be made in electric cars I think the future of driving fast is looking good. The technology is amazing. I'd love to take one on a track.

Any tesla owner taking on a fifty year old car to prove himself isn't really proving much. A modern minivan would give most of our stock cars a run for their money.
Someday I will have a J0b.

RUNCHARGER

Need a 400 watt sound system on the outside of the cell phone so you can make motor sounds through a mic when you drive it.
Sheldon

anlauto

This guy has his own YouTube channel where he smokes a lot of car with his Dad's Tesla

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

I know it's utter blasphemy to a lot of gear heads, but I seriously considered doing an electric fish project for a while. tesla drivetrain and battery pack, I estimated @ $30k for a cheap build, $40-45k done right. silent and deadly. it's only a matter of time before we start seeing more electric muscle car conversions popping up.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Topcat

Quote from: ec_co on September 30, 2019, 05:43:00 PM
I know it's utter blasphemy to a lot of gear heads, but I seriously considered doing an electric fish project for a while. tesla drivetrain and battery pack, I estimated @ $30k for a cheap build, $40-45k done right. silent and deadly. it's only a matter of time before we start seeing more electric muscle car conversions popping up.

I said these exact words...more or less many years ago.

Electric Fish is going to be at SEMA one day.

ragtopdodge

You would have to drive a McClaren 720S or a 911 GT2 RS to even have a chance using an ICE engine.

With many of the new ones going >300 miles, you may not be able to outlast one either.

I say, unless you got something close to a $120k car, don't bother racing one.  Not worth the humiliation or potential HUGE ticket or worse...disaster.

Cuda70-74

Electric car instant power. U got to race them on 1%
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

djw383

My daughter and I were in the Cuda and was tailgated way to close by a Tesla. We got to the next stop sign and he got so close I could only see the top 1/2 of his windshield. Well, 4,500 RPM and a clutch dump and he quickly learned and felt his lesson on the hood of his car.....

jimynick

Yeah, well, if that's what turns your crank, God bless. Personally, until they get the electric motor or inverter to make the same kind of sound as a cammed up Mopar does, they won't be selling me one. I don't give a rat's arse that it's quicker or faster. As for their increasing range, that's nice, just be prepared for the 8-10 hour charging window, oh and for sure there'll be a charging station- that's free, right- every where you normally buy gas.  :no:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

djw383

Really, am I wrong in saying Tesla's do not burn gas, but rather are indirectly burning Coal?

cuda hunter

Quote from: djw383 on October 28, 2019, 07:03:53 PM
Really, am I wrong in saying Tesla's do not burn gas, but rather are indirectly burning Coal?

Not wrong at all.

Oh but coal mining and coal burning isn't killing the world like oil mining and oil burning is. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Topcat

Quote from: djw383 on October 28, 2019, 07:03:53 PM

If you have a charging system ran by Solar power off your roof. Then the answer would be No.

Times of no Sun are limiting factors.