Main Menu

Great E-bodies on display at World of Speed museum in Wilsonville, Oregon!

Started by wanderlustin, May 01, 2017, 09:05:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wanderlustin

Hi folks.  I made my first visit to the new automotive museum in Wilsonville, OR on Sunday with my wife.  Front and center were two beautiful E-bodies!  Had anyone been here?  I understand the exhibits are always rotating so it doesn't get boring.  They had three driving simulators there and also an actual bracket racing tree to try your reaction times.  Also there was a huge screen with archive footage and narration of two local race tracks and some vintage NASCAR race cars on mockup of the 31 degree Daytona corners.  I loved it.  Looking forward to my next visit  :banana:

1 Wild R/T

Well now I have two things to look forward to the next time I'm in Wilsonville for work... Looks like a cool place...

J-Code Jeni

Wow, there are more features than I imagined! Very cool! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

shawge

Fun place. My family was there when they fired up a 1963 Super Stock Belvedere. Oh, what a sound!
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

71GranCoupe

Great pictures. I have heard it is well worth the time to take a look. Will have to put it on the bucket list. Thanks for sharing the cool pictures.

scf100

never heard of if but go near there on business will have to check it out
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

CudaMoparRay

wanderlustin

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 01, 2017, 09:15:03 AM
Well now I have two things to look forward to the next time I'm in Wilsonville for work... Looks like a cool place...
I think you'll be glad you made the visit!  I have to ask, what's the other reason to visit Wilsonville?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

wanderlustin

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on May 01, 2017, 10:18:50 AM
Wow, there are more features than I imagined! Very cool! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
So much there that we didn't see! Another half of the building is a training center for.  They offer classes for high school students as well as adults.  There was a door with a sign that said Engine Room.  I really wanted to peek inside.  Maybe next time :)

wanderlustin

Quote from: shawge on May 01, 2017, 10:21:12 AM
Fun place. My family was there when they fired up a 1963 Super Stock Belvedere. Oh, what a sound!
Oh man that would have been worth the price of admission all by itself!

wanderlustin

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 01, 2017, 12:27:23 PM
Great pictures. I have heard it is well worth the time to take a look. Will have to put it on the bucket list. Thanks for sharing the cool pictures.
Thank you @71GranCoupe.  Yes, bucket list indeed!  It's not a huge place and really isn't a ton of cars but the details within the building itself are very impressive.  The cars are top notch and definitely worthy of a museum.  All makes present were very well restored and seemed accurate with no glaring out of place parts.

wanderlustin

Quote from: scf100 on May 01, 2017, 12:41:14 PM
never heard of if but go near there on business will have to check it out
I like that thinking!  Lori and I try to fit at least one car related excursion while out of town on business or vacations.  We are lucky and this place is less than an hour from home!

wanderlustin

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 01, 2017, 08:09:47 PM
Great pictures so another place to visit on my list
Thanks @CudaMoparRay!  For sure! It's good to not run out of destinations :)

Cuda Cody

That place has been on my list of things to do.  Thanks for sharing photos.  Looks like an awesome time.

wanderlustin

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 01, 2017, 08:47:10 PM
That place has been on my list of things to do.  Thanks for sharing photos.  Looks like an awesome time.
You could speed walk it in 15 minutes or soak it all up over a half a day.  They have a nice restaurant inside too!