Main Menu

GREEN door panels?

Started by 750-h2, August 21, 2017, 06:45:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

I am looking to buy all new interior plastic for my 1970 Challenger with an F8 green interior. Dave at Roseville has great panels but they only come in black or white which means I would need to dye them. :headbang:  I just seen these panels on line WCMCDT990444 which are molded in green plastic and made in the USA. Has anyone seen these panels in person or know anything about them?

750-h2

Just called supplier and the listing is WRONG! These are the Pi@# poor painted Palfco? panels. :thumbdown: 

Burdar

I'm pretty sure the first run of the Metro interior panels were available in green.  I thought they made black, white, green, blue and red in the first run.  An unused green set might be impossible to find at this point.  Put a want add on all of the Mopar websites.  If you have to paint a black set, Herb's has a line of interior paints that's really good.

anlauto

I'm in the same boat needing a green set. :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I think all the colors have long since dried up.  Just black and white left now.  Going to be hard to find now, but might be worth running some want ads on all the forums and facebook.

VCODE

I was in need of green panels also but they never made them in green
Bob

MoparDave

Green, Tan, Burnt orange were never made by Metro or ordered in from us as we could have. We tried to do the greens but in the end like the other odd colors it was a no go. Blues and Red for both challenger and cuda from last I heard are out of production. As with Challenger white rears.  :dunno:

only current colors are black and white that will need to be sprayed what ever the interior will end up.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

ec_co

I got really lucky to get a set of Metro blue panels a couple years ago during a Christmas sale. still sitting in the box waiting ......
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Did we ever find out if Metro has match blue paint available ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

How many would have to be ordered to make a run of green panels?  Are we talking 100 pieces of each?   So 400 to do a set of doors and rears for a car?

MoparDave

I heard 50 to do a minimum color run, but that is only one issue. do you do cuda or challenger + rears  ? if both that's a 200 set. that would not fill a 20ft container. the last 20 ft container that I had come in was about 7,000, insured, bond, customs, freight. that's a lot of frozen capitol for a couple of doors panels needed. Same issue with the convertible rears, capitol + time to push sales to reorder + reorder minimum. too risky.

MoparDave

Rich G.

I bought new white rear panels for my convertible. Had the DuPont guy mix some paint from matching the inside of my green panels where it wasn't faded. I'm going to spray the seat back as a test first to see how it goes.

HEMICUDA

The only "real" (injected molded) green panels made were the seat backs we did, the only ones I have left are 71-72.  VCODE (Bob) did get a set of the few 70-71 seat backs we did.

VCODE

Yes I did, Thanks Mike for hooking me up. They fit and look great. All other panels are getting dye.
Bob