Main Menu

Halloween is coming: Are you going to dress up and go to a party?

Started by Topcat, October 05, 2017, 06:30:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

What will you dress up as?

Show us your past costumes if you have pics.

I did Werewolf years ago. It took about 2 hours.
(If your single, it's a good one. Make sure you have a hairy chest too) 

I've got a Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate hat barely used taking up room if anyone's interested. 
8 bucks plus shipping. That should be fair.

anlauto

We hit two parties every year, usually the same night.....wife does all the work on costumes ,,,I don't know about pictures...I'll have a look...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Spikedog08

I don't typically do anything but hide for Halloween . . . most of the time it falls on bowling night or pool night.  This year I am going to give out candy to the kids, wine and beer to the parents!  Going to put a table in the middle of the driveway and start a fire in the portable fire pit, October fest for beer and red and white wine for those who prefer that.  I may dress up   . . or may not.  haven't decided that yet . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

HP_Cuda

This will most likely be the last Halloween at our current place so I'll be going all out on the decorations and handing out candy. I might dress up to add a little bit of fun.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70/6chall

Our front door sits back from the street a ways, so for the past 20 years my wife and I have set up a table with lighted Halloween decorations, carved Jack-o-lanterns and the such. We'll sit out front by the street with our hot coffee or chocolate and bowels of candy and pass out the treats. It helps the stroller bound wee trick or treaters and thier families from making the trek up to the front door. Usually 2 1/2 hours does it. By the end of Oct. here in SoCal, at night it will be nice and dark and maybe a little chilly, makes a nice Halloween night, we got about 350 trick or treaters last year. You folks have a great Halloween night, whatever you may do to enjoy it.     Thanks,   Al

Roadman

When I moved from Texas to Kissimmee in 2002 they used to truck the kids in. I always loaded up on candy. Then the reports started coming in over the years, razor blades, poison, bad stuff. It got to the point that parents quit bringing the kids out. Nasty, scary world we live in. Makes me sad, my Dad taking us around when I was a youngin is some of my best memories.   :rebelflag"

Topcat

Halloween Story from the mid 70's,  73-75':

Back in the 70's, our neighborhood known as the Blossom Hill Manor in Los Gotos where I grew up was Teenager Central Park on Halloween night.

And Boy did it get rowdy back then.

Hundreds of Juvenile Delinquents all in one area to do one thing...Cause Mayhem.

At 9pm to 10pm, the ammunition started...Eggs!

Massive amounts of Eggs thrown, Pumpkins kicked and strewn about, Shaving Cream in mail boxes.

I would climb way up in the Giant Tree (A Douglas Fir) in our front yard with 2 dozen Eggs.
I was like a B-52 Bomber on these punks.

Splat! Splat! Splat!
Right on their heads. And they didn't see where it was coming from.

One night, I watched the L.G.P.D. Patrol car get bombed by a half dozen eggs right in front of our house.

One night they found me. And they were Bigger than me. I ran like Forrest Gump on the Football Field.
Barely got away.

303 Mopar

My neighborhood has a bazillion kids so Halloween is a big deal around here.  There are usually "treats" for the adults as we walk the kiddos around, and a neighbor or two usually hosts a party.  Last year I was Elwood and before that Jason.

anlauto

Two parties last night......I guess you could call us "PARTY ANIMALS"..... :haha:

Get it ? "party animals"......We're animals with party hats on.... :clapping:

Wife went simple on us this year... :worship:

CudaMoparRay

Live in a gated community so haven't had any trick or treat in years.

dodj

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on October 29, 2017, 03:49:16 PM
Kids have to leave for other areas to trick or treat? I have no idea what a 'gated community' is. Self imposed prison?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on October 29, 2017, 06:44:31 PM
Quote from: CudaMoparRay on October 29, 2017, 03:49:16 PM
Kids have to leave for other areas to trick or treat? I have no idea what a 'gated community' is. Self imposed prison?

:dunno:

70/6chall

Have a very happy Halloween all!     Thanks,   Al