Main Menu

Headers and Stainless steel Exhaust

Started by tdwnilla1, March 29, 2021, 06:15:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tdwnilla1

Hi all,

I have a 1973 Plymouth Cuda that I am looking to put headers on as well as a stainless steel exhaust. Chryco has provided me with a lot of helpful information however, I was hoping to get more suggestions as well as personal experiences before I pull the trigger on anything. Presently I am contemplating a set of Dougs D4477 with Pypes stainless exhaust system. I am not terribly enthused with the amount of money it will cost but I am looking for quality and fitment. Whatever anyone has for suggestions I am open to and want to make sure I have minimal to no modifications to make and of course ease of access for spark plugs. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

dodj

I think, no matter what, you will have some modification/fitment adjustments to make to line up the exhaust with the headers and to match up with the recess in the crossmember. :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

tparker

Hopefully I'll have some advice in a few weeks. I am getting some TTI headers and pipes for a 340. Yeah the cost kinda sucks but they are supposed to be better quality and designed to fit. I was going with Dougs headers since they are about $200 cheaper, but I had to buy an extra connectors that needed to be welded up.