Main Menu

71 Cuda Vent Tube (in trunk)

Started by Yellow71Cuda, May 19, 2019, 09:21:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yellow71Cuda

So, I messed up  :( (see pics).  I get the vent tube all cleaned up and detailed...happy to have saved the original clamp, get it all cleaned up too, get it all installed, and I notice the clamp is a bit crooked where I crimped it (should have let it be).  I go to fix the crimp and "SNAP"...the clamp split. :bye: 

Long shot here I know:  Anyone have an original clamp laying around?   

Yellow71Cuda

Update: I could not find an original clamp, nor a reproduced part online (not really surprised).  I'm a bit deranged, I know, but last night I felt like that clamp survived 49 years, and I screwed it up in a second.  :headbang:

A quick date with a MIG welder, and all is well.  :tool:   

cudaize

I looked at the trunk picture quickly and at first glance it looked like my trunk.  I soon realized i was looking at a picture of a hardtop.  Looks like we're both working on Bahama Yellow cars.

I apologize to everyone for using bandwidth for this post but I tried to send a personal message through the site but couldn't attach the picture.

Mike Afflerbach

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: cudaize on May 20, 2019, 05:42:55 PM
I looked at the trunk picture quickly and at first glance it looked like my trunk.  I soon realized i was looking at a picture of a hardtop.  Looks like we're both working on Bahama Yellow cars.

:drinkingbud:  :handshake: