Main Menu

Heater valve

Started by Rich G., January 31, 2023, 05:17:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Quote from: Skdmark on January 31, 2023, 01:17:09 PM
If the OEM version could be disassembled, I have someone in St. Charles IL who could mold and pressure cast them with a high heat resin like Epoxacast.

Does anyone have a 70-71 e-body control valve that failed they would be willing to part with?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Rich G.

I fixed mine. I filled it with JB weld. This won't leak anymore! I'm not driving this in the winter so I don't need heat and don't like the look of the aftermarket replacement! 🤣👍

JS23U

These pictures are from the water valve out of my 71 Bee with A/C. It failed while parking on a cruise meet last fall, leaving a long line of drops. It broke on the lower part of the black housing near one of the bolts. Upon deinstallation I found other cracks in the upper housing as well, again all near bolt holes. I thought about having the two black parts machined from aluminum. But the problem is, the metal cover is crimped around the upper edge of the top housing. I don't think these parts can be separated and reinstalled properly, without a new leak.
So I changed the valve for a generic A-body-like part in all-metal. I have yet to start the engine.
The part you see here is one I bought as NOS about 15 years ago. It tells me that even repairing it with a new (original !) part doesn't help. Design fault. Very disappointing.

Mrbill426

Ouch, that is a bummer.   :(

Quote from: JS23U on April 14, 2023, 07:54:18 AM
These pictures are from the water valve out of my 71 Bee with A/C. It failed while parking on a cruise meet last fall, leaving a long line of drops. It broke on the lower part of the black housing near one of the bolts. Upon deinstallation I found other cracks in the upper housing as well, again all near bolt holes. I thought about having the two black parts machined from aluminum. But the problem is, the metal cover is crimped around the upper edge of the top housing. I don't think these parts can be separated and reinstalled properly, without a new leak.
So I changed the valve for a generic A-body-like part in all-metal. I have yet to start the engine.
The part you see here is one I bought as NOS about 15 years ago. It tells me that even repairing it with a new (original !) part doesn't help. Design fault. Very disappointing.