Main Menu

Help Me Identify Mystery Parts

Started by BillyB, February 16, 2021, 07:54:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BillyB

OK, so I'm getting relatively close to completing a 20-year resto on my 4-speed, Hemi Orange Challenger T/A. And as you can imagine, I find myself with some parts that I can't identify. Maybe you guys can help me out?

Here's the thing. I bought a parts car back in 2002 because my T/A was in very, very sorry shape. The parts car was a rolling chassis for a 1970 Challenger SE, 318, Auto, fully loaded.

That said, I'm very suspicious of the parts that are primered in red epoxy primer as that's what I used as the based for my T/A body work. I thought the two 1/4 -20 screws about 1 1/4" long were used in the door window assemblies, but after a lot of research, the screws seemed incorrect for the front of the lower regulator channel to window attachment.

The part with the hex cutout looks to be broken at the two tabs at the top, like they fractured from work hardening.

The little wire loom clips seem vaguely familiar, but I could be imagining things.

Any ideas?

Floyd

I just did the door glass on my car and none of those pieces look familiar.  Got a picture of the "lower regulator channel to window" area you're referring to?

anlauto

Are the two wire looms plastic, it's hard to tell from your picture. If they are, they are NOT an E Body part. The two screws are too long to be the window channel bolts you're thinking of, although they may work.  That hex hole in that piece has me a bit baffled, because I think I've seen it somewhere before.. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BillyB

The little wire loom clips are plastic. I'm thinking the were on the T/A but were probably added for something by a past owner. Maybe to hold wires for something like stereo wires, CB, aftermarket radio, etc. Maybe in the interior or under the hood. Going to rule those out as needed for my T/A

The screws could have been off the parts car as it was loaded with options and may have been present on the rolling chassis as part of some odd bracket for something. Going to rule those out as needed for my T/A.

As for the metal stamped part with the hex cutout, I have no clue and would not even be thinking about the part if it weren't for the epoxy primer on it. That tells me it was on the T/A for some reason. I replaced the original fenders with used 1970 fenders (rust free but lots of bumps and bruises). I also replaced the original doors with used 1970 doors. All things you could find back in the early 2000s. Maybe the hex cutout part came off one these used parts for some odd reason?

This all goes to show that you need to take LOTS of pictures and DOCUMENT everything when you start one of these projects! Let's say I was a bit younger and in more of a hurry back when I started this project.

I have learned a lot over the years, and I will put my learnings to good use on my next project....a 1969 Super Bee 383, 4-speed. I bought that at about the same time as the T/A back in 2002, and it has been patiently waiting for its resto. Lots of pics and lots of notes for sure. That should make the resto go about 10 times easier.... :ohyeah: