Main Menu

Help with 340 Rocker Arms Please

Started by Yellow71Cuda, November 27, 2018, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Yellow71Cuda

I've always heard to keep items like push rods and rocker arms in order if they are to be reused.  I had planned to do so on my pretty much stock 340 rebuild, until the machine shop gave me back my rocker arms cleaned, but in a box (removed from the rails). 

Do I now need to replace them with new...as I have no idea which went where now (they're all mixed up, and not marked).  :notsure:

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance...I really appreciate the experience and knowledge from all here.   

Chryco Psycho

You will be fine , there left & right arms & they need to be paired up & offset correctly to sit squarely over the valve tip , the only issue I have seen is if they are well worn & you use a much higher lift cam , the rocker can click as the unworn area slides on & off the valve tip in this case I would recommend new Arms

Rich G.

Don't forget to put the oil holes down on rocker shaft.

Cudakiller70

Also on rocker shafts, might not be a bad idea to clean the inside. I popped out both ends, cleaned and reinstalled new plugs.

Yellow71Cuda

Thank you all for the great advice and feedback.  I appreciate it all.  :handshake: