Main Menu

Hemi is home

Started by 6pack, April 15, 2019, 09:19:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

I was looking for a Hemi Challenger with not original Hemi that was in nice shape but affordable.  After months of searching, I gave up and found a Road Runner that was in good shape and purchased it this weekend.  I left Saturday morning at 4AM to go to Michigan about a 9 hour ride.  After 3 hours, I stopped for gas and noticed my rear trailer tire was missing.  The wheel was there but all that was left was the tire bead.  So I pulled out the big pump jack and put one of the spares on and proceeded.  No trailer brakes now.  The tire took out the wires.  Then after all day about 12 miles from the car the battery light goes on and the display reads check the battery charging system.  Made it to the Dealer and the sales guy showed me the car it sounded really tough.  So I told him about my situation.  He helped me pull the old alternator and we used the Hemi as a parts chaser.  Worked good for that.  Got there pretty quick.  The sales guy helped me install the alternator and all was well with that.  We did the deal then loaded up.  I spliced the wires but the brakes did not work all the way home.  The next day I finally got it in the garage.  I should of played the POWERBALL with all that luck.

BIGSHCLUNK

70 always been a fav! Nice ride  :burnout:

Cuda Cody

:inlove:   :bravo:   :banana:  Love it!!!

blown motor

Very nice car. Congratulations.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Awesome score, good for you. That was one hell of an adventure too.

Brads70

Beautiful ride , 70 is my favourite year for a RR ! Enjoy!

Ric

anlauto

70  is my favorite too....and being a clone, you won't be afraid to drive it !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

Thanks for the kind words.

750-h2

Congrats on that 70 RR!

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

JS29

SPD was on my 11th birthday.

js27

She is a Beauty-Glad you made it home Safe.\
JS27

torredcuda

Nice color combo, great car!  :drooling:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

RUNCHARGER

Congrats, looks good. If you find a decent 383 Challenger it wouldn't be all that hard to do a swap if you wanted to get to your initial goal.
Sheldon