Main Menu

Hood emblem install?

Started by Shoooter, April 24, 2020, 10:39:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I was looking at my hood emblems I bought along time ago and I was wondering about how they install. I'm guessing mine are originals, they were new uninstalled ones. They just have a white sleeve on them. Do they just push in? My friend has a aftermarket set with studs and speed nuts but you only have access to one hole on the backside so how does this work? Do you just run one speed nut them or do you put in a small barrel nut?

headejm

Small barrel nuts for sure. Make sure you get the right size. My 1970 Challenger used 1/8" stud 5/32" hole barrel nuts. Super easy to use if you get the right size.  :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

the plastic sleeves are designed to just push in & hold the emblems on if the hole is the correct size  :bigthumb:

Shoooter

My holes are small and will work for the plastic sleeve.is that how originals were?

RUNCHARGER

Original emblem you have there with the plastic sleeves that would have come with them over the counter at the dealer.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yup, as long as it's a tight fit in the hole, you'll be alright  :bigthumb:   the emblem that is  :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration