Main Menu

SIDE EMBLEMS - 71 Challengers

Started by MONC, September 19, 2021, 01:59:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MONC

I see a lot of 'R/T' emblems on 71 Challengers that also have R/T stripes, placed right under the 'Challenger' emblem on the front fenders.
What is the protocol for the 'R/T' emblem on 71 Challengers? Is there one?  Would V68 delete stripes AND emblems?

What about the 'Challenger' script emblem?  Is it standard on ALL model 71 Challengers? I have seen some with and without- owner preference?

Are both these emblems for 71 adhesive or do they have pins?

Oh and should there be any emblem on the trunk lid?  If so what ?

anlauto

It's my understanding that all the emblems are adhesive, but possibly early builds had pins  :dunno:
All Challengers got the fender script, and a "DODGE" emblem on the trunk lid.
All Challenger R/T's came standard with the R/T stripe which meant NO R/T fender emblems.
Unless you deleted the side stripe, then and only then should you have the R/T fender emblem.

OF Course...there will be 100's of different scenarios where people claim their car was the exception to the above rules, and that maybe true...factory mistakes, dealer installed, owner installed ( or removed) who knows :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MONC

Thanks Alan, that was my thoughts as well.
It was the same for 1970 wasn't it?

anlauto

Quote from: MONC on September 19, 2021, 03:44:19 PM
Thanks Alan, that was my thoughts as well.
It was the same for 1970 wasn't it?

yes but 70 emblems were pinned though..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71vert340

My December 1970 convertible build had pinned fender emblems.
Terry W.

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on September 19, 2021, 03:52:42 PM
My December 1970 convertible build had pinned fender emblems.
Terry W.

There you go....  :twothumbsup: