Main Menu

I hope this isn't an original shaker!!!

Started by Cuda_mark, October 12, 2018, 06:13:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

Would be a shame if it was a real shaker bubble...

JS29

Burdar

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Well: It doesn't look like a Snobar bubble. Lots of originals got holes drilled in them to be bolted to the hood back in the day.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 12, 2018, 06:59:57 AM
Kinda looks cool!   :1place:
Agree...Mopar should have had an option for this. It looks right to me.

1 Wild R/T

I've seen that done a few times..... And since it was back in the 70's & 80's there's a good chance the parts were real.....   One I saw was a shaker grafted to a 69 Charger...

I think the worst shaker atrocity  I witnessed was around 76-77 walking through a wrecking yard & it had been raining, puddles everywhere... Someone used a shaker hood to span a puddle & people had been walking on it.... Destroyed what had been a cherry hood...

Then again around 79-80 there was an article in Car Craft about customizing cars & one of the sketches was a Shaker Cuda & the artist was suggesting opening the hole in the hood straight back to the windshield & lengthen the scoop.... :barf:

dave73

BIGSHCLUNK

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

06Daytona

I like it. The guy who did all my sheet metal down here grafted a 71+ Satellite bubble on his Challenger.

ScottSmith_Harms

When i lived in Utah I saw a baby blue 65 Mustang coupe in a junkyard, very original looking but lots of rust. Only one recognizable mod was a Shaker bubble bolted to the top of the hood. I paid $25.00 for it, original  paint 71 scoop with only minor repairs needed. :)

71-440

Looks pretty cool to me.

I dig that Challenger hood also!
Joe

tman

JS29

I will secant that. I would say the craftsmanship on both hoods looked vary good!!!  :alan2cents: