Main Menu

I should have labeled these

Started by Mr Lee, January 16, 2020, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Lee

So it's been many years since I disassembled my car...  Many. Years. 
I'm probably gonna be like 'ohhhh yeeeeaaah' as soon as someone chimes in with the answer but can someone please identify these unidentified parts for me?      I know you just cant wait to show everyone how smart you are.  : P  I would too, believe me.  It's cool, so go ahead.   :))
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Picture # 1 Small block automatic transmission brace, should be two, one on each side.

Picture #2 Trunk lid hinge bolt plates, mount inside the trunk lid, one on each side.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2020, 05:51:54 PM
Picture # 1 Small block automatic transmission brace, should be two, one on each side.

Picture #2 Trunk lid hinge bolt plates, mount inside the trunk lid, one on each side.

Pretty good for a newbie... :rofl:

Solarguy

@anlauto any pics of these  installed.  I've owned 2 small block Auto 70 Cudas and never seen these braces

Mr Lee

Quote from: Solarguy on January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 AM

@anlauto any pics of these  installed.  I've owned 2 small block Auto 70 Cudas and never seen these braces

Thanks for the responses.  I don't remember how that trans mount attaches either and would be curious to see myself.   Furthermore, if my brother doesnt need it (he has a small block auto), then it is for sale... and the trunk braces too.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Burdar

Those braces can't be used with full length headers.  Lots of people have removed them over the years.  I like to use them whenever possible because the factory added them for a reason.  They help support the bellhousing since it hangs low and isn't supported by the engine block.  I was able to use them on my 360 with TTI shorty headers.  One bracket needed some clearance work but I got it to fit.

I found these pictures online.  Just an FYI.  The 360 uses different brackets then the 318/340.

Katfish

Very interesting, never seen those either.

Cudajason

Wow really.

Just a word of caution, I left these off my small block back in the day and cracked two flex plates before I figured out what the issues was.  Put these on and never had an issue again.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.