Main Menu

I thought my Harleys were bad..

Started by ledphoot, May 02, 2018, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

The joke with Harleys is HD stands for Hundred Dollars.... Every part in the Harley shop is a hundred bucks.

The Cuda has that smoked...

Wiring $1300
Radiator $900
Sumped tank with fuel pump $800
Full suspension $3000.
etc. etc. etc.

The hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper. How do you guys not get divorced over this? LoL...

I think I am OK for now, but I still need to buy the interior and brake system... That might do me in.

Cuda70-74

I know the feeling being new to mopars. Fords are alot cheaper to build. What's that old saying mopar more money guess it cost to stand out lol.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

ledphoot

And Chevies are cheeper than Fords...

I just hope I don't run out of money before she is finished and the wife doesn't figure out how much I spent on my "other woman" :)

nsmall

If you are trying to flip it, good luck as I cant imagine making money with a mopar.  HOWEVER, when you are out enjoying the car, how much you spent doesnt matter in my opinion. 

You dont seem interested in flipping your Cuda or Challenger so go for it because life is too short to worry about money.  I would take a 30k bath if I tried to sell my car.   :bricks:  But it was a dream to have a slick mopar and it was worth every penny.  What else do you need ?  I just bought a little each month over three years so my wife didnt leave me.

Swamp Donkey

This is also why I am on a 7 year plan to finish my car!  2024 or bust! It's not going to be cheap.  All I have bought for it so far is a 6.4 3rd gen hemi. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

ledphoot

I am not considering selling the Cuda at all. The Challenger in the video was mine until my brother mentioned the idea of selling his Cuda. I learned to drive in that car so I proposed that we trade and he went for it. The Challenger was much closer to ready to go, the Cuda is a shell that he did the body and paint on.. So I basically have a shell, wheels / tires / engine / transmission and a few misc bits as a starting point. I want everything to be done right so I am not fixing little crap all the time, so it's getting the treatment throughout.

Chryco Psycho

I bought parts for 29 years before I finally restored my Chall ,     wife left anyway  :bigthumb:

ledphoot

Was that a win / win?

I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. I lost the woman who I thought was the love of my life and ended up with a far superior woman to become my wife...

The Cuda is getting put together much better now than it would have been 15 years ago. So I think I am in a win win here.

Hope things worked out for the better for you as well. At the very least you still have the car!

ledphoot

Holy crap are you really in Panama?????

I can only imagine what finding parts for that car was like.

I did see a lot of old Mopars when I was in Peru several years ago, Panama anything like that?

cuda hunter

he ledphoot, you got pics of your cuda in a thread somewhere?

My wife is just glad I'm spending money on things in the garage instead of money spent off my property.  Anything away from home seems to get me into trouble.You can tell your wife you could be out spending money at the bar.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Spikedog08

I still think I am ahead of the game with money spent and current value . . . One of the few probably! 

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Timbbuc2

Just when you think you are getting closer to being finished you find out, dang I dont have that part. But could you  imagine what the cost would be if there was no reproduction parts. Yes they are costly but with out them you would be at mercy of someone on fleabay. I still have the same wife I did when I started the project, very understanding but getting closer to crossing the line LOL
Get in, I'll drive

Brads70

If you think that is bad just wait...The next part is..... they are never "finished"   that's just a little white lie we tell our wives and sometimes ourselves.  My goal was to just get it running and drive it as is. Ya that worked out well..... you replace one part then the one beside that one looks like crap in comparison, then " mission creep" sets in. Next thing you know you have almost replaced every part on the car.   Now I'm looking and fuel injection.  :)

ledphoot

I could only imagine what it'd cost without reproduction parts :) I remember when the Cuda was parked many years ago it had wiring issues, so I took a look at the wiring and could see that some voodoo witch doctor had been casting spells to make things work... I am spoiled, used to reliable vehicles and I don't want to get stuck someplace in the Cuda because of a wiring gremlin. I figure if I am going to do this, I am going to do it right and NOW is the time when the car is completely apart. It just keeps adding up.. Now I am looking at Vintage Air, a new dash, etc. etc... There goes another $2500 :)

Just needed to vent someplace.. Can't vent to the wife... :) I know I am not alone here, my Mopar brethren all know the pain too well.