Main Menu

70 Challenger literature

Started by chal340, August 03, 2017, 08:51:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

chal340

I found this today in an old car's bookshop in Paris.
A NOS Owner's manual, never open. :) :) :)
and a used Service manual.

:bradsthumb: :) :)

70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Gotta watch those owner's manuals.....some people try to pass off the reprints as NOS  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

Not sure what you paid for the both of them, but Alan is right about people taking advantage of you on these things. I picked up a '70 Challenger-Dart Chassis service manual 2 vol.  also not long ago and knew I was purchasing a reprint at $69. but brand new still in plastic. Now as for the owners manual, I was very lucky to have the original still in the vinyl holder w/ various Chrys. advertisements and a warranty card never filled out. There are those that will sell you a reprint owners manual for $100. When you can get them for $15. Just be wary.    Thanks,   Al

anlauto

The ONLY NOS ones I've ever seen came in the plastic envelope with the associated paperwork as mentioned. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

By the way here is another piece of literature a buyer is supposed to get in the owners manual pouch. Is this informative card especially for an LA built car.  It has to do with starting procedures for cars with either the 225 CID or the 440 CID engines w/ the Calif. emissions pkg. Sometimes you don't see a lot of this stuff unless your owners manual and associated paperwork has it in the pouch. Mine is the 225 CID engine and has the Cal emissions pkg.    thanks,   Al

ec_co

Thanks Al!! I didn't know I needed that piece .... something new to start hunting for  :bigthumb:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

70/6chall

Cole.......... I didn't even know what it was at first. I figured it was just another piece of literature along w/ everything else in the vinyl pouch. You'll notice that starting procedure information is just a bit different than the info in the owners manual. Primarily LA built cars w/ N95 Cal emissions and only for the SL6 and 440 engines. I'll see if I can help you out with this piece of obscure literature. OK?    Thanks,   Al

chal340

I'm sure that these service manual and Owners manual are original because this guy bought them 20 or 25 years ago. This bookshop is an old shop in Paris and they are open since 1987. They sell only vintage advertising, service manuals, old magazines about all cars brand. They have a huge stock Under the shop and all are filled and stored in old archival boxes.

In fact he bought a lot of service manual, brochures, owners manual. This lot come, I think, from Chrysler FRANCE. Some Owners manual are again in the plastic envelope.

I already have a repop Owners manual and it's completly different, cover is less thick, papper is different. The same for the service manual, paper is completly different, thinner in the original.

He has again about ten owners manual, I saw 2 Dodge Charger 1970, used 1972 dodge Challenger, dart....

chal340

I bought this brochure too, a brochure writen in french.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for posting the french brochure.
Sheldon