Main Menu

Interior paint ,1970 cuda.

Started by 1970 FM3 Cuda, May 04, 2021, 06:02:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 FM3 Cuda

Painting this weekend, need some help on colors. I understand steering Column, dash, ash tray, glove box all painted black (sf) suede/ jewel black. While I am painting is there anything else that is painted this color black?
What color black are the 2-metal headliner trim, front and back window trim? Same stuff as above or will semi black, gloss black work?
Thanks

anlauto

I usually do all those parts with the same black paint, a little more texture on the dash frame and steering column.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FE5CUDA

Quote from: 1970 FM3 Cuda on May 04, 2021, 06:02:51 PM
Painting this weekend, need some help on colors. I understand steering Column, dash, ash tray, glove box all painted black (sf) suede/ jewel black. While I am painting is there anything else that is painted this color black?
What color black are the 2-metal headliner trim, front and back window trim? Same stuff as above or will semi black, gloss black work?
Thanks

If you are looking for "correct" and not looking for the easy way out, you have all the column and dash parts correct, all the interior garnish molding will be an egg shell finish.  Not flat and not semi-gloss. 

B5fourspeed

Sems trim black.Goes on perfect.

1970 FM3 Cuda