Main Menu

is something fishy here?

Started by dmastr3665, August 10, 2020, 08:05:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dmastr3665

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Plymouth-Barracuda/264825659906?hash=item3da8d6e202:g:WFIAAOSwylVfMaQV  this looks like a 70 and the vin has a 3 for the 6th number doesn't that mean its a 73? im pretty new here but something here just doesn't seem correct  nothing points to a 71 as its listed??

1 Wild R/T

Johnny Cash could have written a song about this car.....  It's got something for everyone...

anlauto

The car looks like an original 1970 judging by the inner aprons etc... but the VIN listed is a 1973. Likely a race car that needed a VIN so they grabbed whatever they could find. Nothing about the car says 1971 except the ad. :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wldgtx

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 10, 2020, 08:40:48 PM
Johnny Cash could have written a song about this car.....  It's got something for everyone...

I ventured on to ebay
Looking for a deal
I stumbled on something
and I gotta a funny feel
now I'm bidding on a Cuda
they say it's a 71
But The VIN says its a 73
it's got something for everyone
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

dmastr3665

i did email the guy and he said the title and the vin say 71, i pointed out the 6th digit in the vin says 73 and he never responded back. oh well buyer beware

Rich G.

I did the same thing and that's the response I got. He said maybe he wrote the wrong number. It'll never sell to someone in the know if he doesn't correct it. But I get the feather doesn't care.

HP2

Its only a 71 as a search enhancer in that people will search exclusively for 71s.

The way parts of it are cobbled together, I wouldn't bid without an in person inspection. Probably some questionable things a layer deep.

Matt13

Yeah, same reply here; wrong vin. Soooo, you can take the time to answer all these questions but you can't spend a minute correcting the vin in your ad? Scam!
   Update; he told me his wife listed it and used his 1973 Barracuda's title. Once again...why not change it? Would take two seconds.