Main Menu

Is this pulley correct ?

Started by js27, August 19, 2018, 02:01:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Hey everybody.
I just picked up a pretty original untouched F-383 HP motor for my Challenger. It looks pretty much untouched except for the valve covers. I do not recognize the bottom crank pulley. It is a cast iron piece. Is this correct for a 70 383 ? if not do you know what it is from ?
I have been feeling better and may rebuilt this motor and put my Challenger back to stock original.
Thanks

fc7cuda

I'm not sure where the crank pulley is originally from, but it and the alternator bracket are not original for 70-383HP.  :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Looks like the stock pulley is there behind the cast pulley.... The cast pulley is likely from an aftermarket A/C unit....  And yeah that alternator bracket is an odd ball...

RUNCHARGER

Had an aftermarket A/C unit is my guess, not stock.
Sheldon

halftrackman

I never seen this on a mopar car engine, but the army had a v100 armor car with a 361 mopar engine, also the APC

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 19, 2018, 04:29:11 PM
Had an aftermarket A/C unit is my guess, not stock.
:iagree:  Nice find on the engine by the way!!

6bblgt

:iagree: add-on for aftermarket A/C

what's the VIN stamp & the top pad info? :thinking:

js27

The Vin stamp is for the 70 RR that the engine came out of. The pad stamp is F-383 4-15  HP. It is a late date for my car which is a 11-20 build but it I did not want to go through the hassle of buying a block here and heads there and so on. The motor was running in his RR when he pulled it. He also has the matching numbers auto trans and correct 70 air cleaner which I am working on to also purchase from him. He is making his dream car a 70 Superbird  with a 440+6 so he sold me his original numbers matching motor. Thank You everybody for the info-I didn't think it was correct but I am no expert. So Anybody have the correct alternator bracket for sale along with a set of correct 70 valve covers and exhaust manifolds for a 383 e body.