Main Menu

King and Queen of music lost on same day

Started by 303 Mopar, August 16, 2018, 08:44:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Aretha Franklin and Elvis Presley die on the same day 41 years apart.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Wow...too bad "Prince" die in April, otherwise that would totally be messed up  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1Burgfish

Gary

dodj

Never listened to the music of either one, but it is sad they both died too young. RIP.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

MEK-Dangerous

So sad to lose both on the same date. They were legends in their own ways.

Not to get this off topic, but I remember the day Elvis died like it was yesterday. I was going into the 10th grade and we had our first day of scrimmage for the football team. The biggest guy on the team took out my left knee. I was at the Hospital, in the emergency room when I heard the news.

303 Mopar

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 16, 2018, 01:16:02 PM
Not to get this off topic, but I remember the day Elvis died like it was yesterday. I was going into the 10th grade and we had our first day of scrimmage for the football team. The biggest guy on the team took out my left knee. I was at the Hospital, in the emergency room when I heard the news.

I remember that day vividly too.  My dad was on his detail (bodyguard) for him when he traveled sometimes. There were a group of Denver cops that were selected for this, so when Elvis died we had local TV crews at our house and my neighbors (also cops) interviewing them.

jimynick

Quote from: dodj on August 16, 2018, 10:32:58 AM
Never listened to the music of either one, but it is sad they both died too young. RIP.
You never listened to Aretha Franklin nor Elvis???!!! WTF? The first record I bought in 1967 was Aretha Franklin's Respect. I wasn't a big Elvis fan, but you couldn't escape either hearing or seeing him on TV all through the 60's. Were you in-country?
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

Quote from: jimynick on August 17, 2018, 08:48:42 PM
Quote from: dodj on August 16, 2018, 10:32:58 AM
You never listened to Aretha Franklin nor Elvis???!!! WTF? The first record I bought in 1967 was Aretha Franklin's Respect. I wasn't a big Elvis fan, but you couldn't escape either hearing or seeing him on TV all through the 60's. Were you in-country?
Or listen to A radio!!!