Main Menu

last of the '74 Challengers?

Started by ec_co, March 30, 2024, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

I know production was supposed to end in april, but this one seems to have been built in may? I don't see a fender tag close up photo, but the seller makes a claim.

'74 Challenger on eBay

Vehicle Original VIN : JH23G4B397570

Original 318 V8 with mild cam and headers for 210+ hp along with slap stick automatic transmission. Chrysler Corporation scheduled the end of production of these cars on 3/31/1974, and this car was built a month later 4/29/1974.

Originally a Texas car with power front disc brakes, power steering, factory AC, rear defrost and 3-speaker front dash.

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

blown motor

I'd want to see proof of that and he offers none.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

I'm confused, where does the "May" thing come into play. In the ad it says "and this car was built a month later 4/29/1974.". That's clearly April, the second last day of April to be exact. Like Murray said too, no proof.

xx88man

Quote from: blown motor on March 30, 2024, 06:56:32 AMI'd want to see proof of that and he offers none.

I would like to see proof as well. If that's the real VIN it's a lot later than my car that has SPD 422. His starts with 397 and my first three are 377. Did the VIN get assigned in the order they were built?
Keep yer foot in it