Main Menu

List of V Code cars shipped to Canada.

Started by 750-h2, October 31, 2019, 08:13:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

In the late 80's or early 90's the late Lee Ellison published a list of all HEMI cars shipped to Canada. This list included the cars VIN as well as the city and province it was shipped to. I know for a fact that a similar list exists for V code cars shipped to Canada. For some reason no one wants to share this info. Has anyone here seen the list or has any info pertaining to it?  It would be nice to get this info out to the public before it is lost forever. :fingerscrossed:

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

The Hemi list was published in MCG back in the day.....Have you tried reaching out to Nigel Mills ? He's forgotten more stuff then most of us will ever know....This is the first time I'm hearing a "hint" of this V-code list. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

The list originates from a source in western Canada. Brian D. from Espanola actually spoke to the guy. He was helpful with Brian and gave him info on his V code, but would not share anything else. Last year to my surprise Galen Govier called me at home. He was trying to document a 1971 V code Challenger and obtained my number from the local Chrysler dealer as they knew I was into Mopar muscle cars.  Galen stated that he was documenting the car for a customer. Stated the car was presently in Arizona. He described the car and I remembered it and was able to give him the name and contact info of the first and second owner. I asked him how he knew the car originated in Sudbury Ont, he stated he had obtained a list of all Canadian V codes from a guy in Western Canada.  I asked him for the list but he said he had promised that fellow to keep the info private?? I know he has the list as when I was on the phone with him I gave him the VIN of my V code and he told me where it was sold new.

anlauto

Cool story...you might try giving Nigel a call  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

7E-Bodies

I have trouble rationalizing how people can't openly share this information. We're all going to be taking this stuff to a grave soon. I have a fairly rare optioned u code in very well preserved condition with build sheets and some history that I've always been willing to share. Hard to fathom.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

750-h2

Quote from: anlauto on October 31, 2019, 09:20:08 AM
Cool story...you might try giving Nigel a call  :dunno:

I just got off the phone with Nigel. He knows about the list but advises that he has never been able to get a copy of it. For some reason this is Top Secret Stuff!

Cuda Cody

@cudaized  might know a little bit about this "guy" from Canada?

anlauto

Was the guy's name Aaron Huble or something like that ? This is kinda sounding familar :thinking:

benlavigne

Mr. Govier probably keeps that list in the same folder as the one for the Charger 500's...

Ben