Main Menu

Looking at this AAR

Started by SeventyTX9RTRag, November 08, 2018, 03:45:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SeventyTX9RTRag

As I mentioned above looking at this car. SC car, buildsheets, one repaint, engine, tranny, brakes, front suspension rebuild. Looking for comments on what is not original.
Thanks for the help

SeventyTX9RTRag

More pics

SeventyTX9RTRag

Last group

anlauto

Great looking car, thanks for starting a separate thread....

Some little detail items are wrong as to be expected like the PCV valve, washer jug, hoses etc....however it does have the wrong master cylinder and wrong carburetors which can get expensive to correct.

Not coded for the front rubber bumper either, bit of a disappointment
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SeventyTX9RTRag

Yea knew about the carbs
Tell me about the MC. Brake line outputs wrong?
Brake booster correct?

anlauto

The brake booster looks correct, but the master cylinder is a replacement unit...It functions correctly, but has a different exterior appearance. It stands out once you know what to look for.

This AAR is sporting the correct 171 Master cylinder....again only visual differences on the casting.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kathyscuda

looks like an older restoration.
whats the asking price?

anlauto

I would guess the asking price to be in the $65K-$75K range  :alan2cents: just my guess. Do you care to share the asking price ?

SeventyTX9RTRag

71vert340

Looks like the console cover is cracked by the shifter plate. It really looks like the woodgrain bezel doesn't fit right. Price seems a little steep for a car that needs some corrections. Maybe I'm out of the loop on the e-body prices anymore.
Terry

kdcarman

Quote from: SeventyTX9RTRag on November 08, 2018, 06:14:46 AM
Asking $75k

What conditions is the paint/body work?
Do you have any pictures of the trunk pan?  If the trunk pan is original on an e-body that is an indication the car was pretty solid to start.  If it has been replaced, closer exploration of the body work would be a good idea.

RUNCHARGER

Pretty good looking car. I noticed in your exhaust thread some bubbling above the exhaust tip, I'm sure you seen it but just in case..
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on November 08, 2018, 06:40:38 AM
Asking $75k

Do you have any pictures of the trunk pan?  If the trunk pan is original on an e-body that is an indication the car was pretty solid to start.  If it has been replaced, closer exploration of the body work would be a good idea.

You've done this before...great advice :drinkingbud:

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on November 08, 2018, 07:05:35 AM
Quote from: kdcarman on November 08, 2018, 06:40:38 AM
Asking $75k

You've done this before...great advice :drinkingbud:

Some things you learn the hard way. :(

303 Mopar

Favorite color for an AAR.  Restoration looks older and with a few things listed that it needs, I would say its closer to $65k.