Main Menu

M46 barracuda commercial car video

Started by cuda hunter, May 10, 2022, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

@anlauto ,  A while back you posted the factory commercial that had the red M46 featured in the commercial.  I can't seem to find the thread or the commercial.  Could you please post it if you know where to find it?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I'll look around, but I really don't remember posting a video....must of been a while ago.... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

It was.  As I recall the car was the second half of the commercial.  I'm looking for it but have not bumped into it yet.
You pointed it out to me.  I've been looking at my own messages/threads/posts lists but have not found it yet either. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Thanks Alan.  Just talking about it with you reminded me where it was. 

cuda hunter

Can anyone explain to me how to take a freeze frame of the video?
I would like to picture the 20 or so freeze frames of the 70 M46 commercial car.

cuda hunter

It's a BH23_0E1000__   car

The door tag is vertical, in the wrong place compared to most pictures of LA cars, but still vertical like LA's.
Fe5 Exterior color
v1X black vinyl top
E4 red interior
Flat hood
Chrome bumpers
cyclops speedo
Road wheels 15" ? 
Argent Grill
1 speaker dash   R11 am radio?
The rear tail panel is not painted black elastomeric . 
Single Exhaust
G33 - Left hand Chrome mirror
operable rear windows
C16- Console with wood grain
C55- hardback bucket seats front
Black column & crush can
Black instrument cluster
Chrome/silver around instrument circles
Manual Windows
Early wood grain round knob automatic shifter handle  904 or 727
Wood grain steering wheel (not sure what else to call this wheel)
Non A/C
I can see two knobs through the steering wheel at minute 4.04.  Not sure what those are.  Vent and ?

The barracuda also has much larger tits in the car than the camaro.
The barracuda makes the girl spread her legs when sitting on the rear where as the camaro keeps em closed.
Interesting sales techniques. 

Bullitt-

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 10, 2022, 06:33:36 PM
Can anyone explain to me how to take a freeze frame of the video?
I would like to picture the 20 or so freeze frames of the 70 M46 commercial car.

I put the video on full screen, pressed CTRL & Print Screen buttons at same time, you might want to pause. 
Opened photo editing software(I have Paint 3D) right click & Paste then saved as a jpg file 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

Thanks Bullit!   I'll do just that.  Much appreciated.

198D13

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 10, 2022, 06:50:54 PM
It's a BH23_0E1000__   car

The door tag is vertical, in the wrong place compared to most pictures of LA cars, but still vertical like LA's.
Fe5 Exterior color
v1X black vinyl top
E4 red interior
Flat hood
Chrome bumpers
cyclops speedo
Road wheels 15" ? 
Argent Grill
1 speaker dash   R11 am radio?
The rear tail panel is not painted black elastomeric . 
Single Exhaust
G33 - Left hand Chrome mirror
operable rear windows
C16- Console with wood grain
C55- hardback bucket seats front
Black column & crush can
Black instrument cluster
Chrome/silver around instrument circles
Manual Windows
Early wood grain round knob automatic shifter handle  904 or 727
Wood grain steering wheel (not sure what else to call this wheel)
Non A/C
I can see two knobs through the steering wheel at minute 4.04.  Not sure what those are.  Vent and ?

The barracuda also has much larger tits in the car than the camaro.
The barracuda makes the girl spread her legs when sitting on the rear where as the camaro keeps em closed.
Interesting sales techniques.

The road wheels would be 14", they come no other way on these cars, there were no 15" road wheels EVER on 1970-1974 E Bodies.

The rear tail panel is not painted organisol(as you mentioned), but notice that the rear valence panel is also not painted organisol either.
Some of the shots of the grille make it appear to be black, not silver, hard to tell on some of them.

Interesting that the VIN is super early, but the commercial is mid year, because of the mention of the "coupe", aka A93 cars, which were first produced near the end of February, 1970..

cuda hunter

Quote from: 198D13 on May 11, 2022, 06:01:00 AM

Interesting that the VIN is super early, but the commercial is mid year, because of the mention of the "coupe", aka A93 cars, which were first produced near the end of February, 1970..

Thank you for pointing that out.  I have no idea of the vin.  I was assuming this was an early car but as you have mentioned the A93 coupe package and it's release time. Perhaps this isn't a low vin car.

At 8.06 there is also an appearance from another barracuda that is not the M46.  It has wheel well trim of which the M46 does not.  Also has a color painted front valance. 

Also, one front picture of the M46 appears to also have a color painted front valance. 

Is there anyone in the mopar world that can give any kind of idea as to which car this is?  Vin number wise?

198D13

Watching the video, I was not able to make out any VIN on the inside door jamb, if it really is that early it should have the words "SHIFT GATE" on the chromed shift area where the ball is. The one in the video has nothing showing there. I have two super early production Barracudas from August 1969, both have that in the car original. Both are LA made cars.
There was a decent thread on Moparts, years ago, about this SHIFT GATE part.

PLY474

I'm confused about the rear panel moulding.  A 70 BH Barracuda could be ordered with it, but a M46 couldn't?  The rear panel moulding is not part of the M46 option either?  https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1970-DealershipsPlymouthOrderingInfo-03.shtml 

198D13

The moulding that this is referring to is the four piece stainless, not the three piece aluminum, which is shown on the rear of that M46 equipped car. That three piece aluminum trim is standard on ALL M46 equipped cars. Its purpose is to seperate the body colour from the black organisol painted tailpanel.

cuda hunter

Every M46 I have seen has that tail panel molding treatment.
That is a different tail panel molding treatment than the M88.  Like this picture.

PLY474