Main Menu

Mancini Magmount HD engine mount

Started by Yeya93, August 09, 2020, 08:10:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

Hello everyone,

So I had recently purchased Mancini HD engine mounts for my 440 engine to fit onto my QA1 tubular K member. I had purchased these since everyone had great reviews on them. Unfortunately I had bad luck with the ones I purchased from Mancini Racing. The Mancini engine mounts were not sitting flush onto my K member as pictured below.

I found the solution. I went down the street to purchase engine mounts from NAPA to compare. NAPA engine mounts sit flush onto K member. Turns out the engine bracket ears where the bolt goes through the mount and k member are sitting too high, making the mount not sit flush onto k member. I then went to summit to compare mancini mounts with Anchor Industries mounts, just to clear any doubts that maybe I was wrong. Again, the hole and nut of mancini mounts measured higher than compared to anchor mounts.

I called mancini racing to see if maybe the mounts that were sent to me were potentially manufactured incorrectly. According to them, I am the first one to complain about this problem. As a solution, they just told me to return the mounts to them and receive my money back. I must say that their customer service was not good at all. They always tried to end the conversation a  couple minutes after getting in contact with me. And they were always so hesitant to end the phone call. Long story short, they claim all of their Mancini HD engine mounts are the same.

So I decided to go another route and not mess with them since "all of their engine mounts are the same." Now that brings me to my question. What other engine mounts would yall recommend? I am considering with just sticking with the brand Anchor industries as they have good reviews on summit racing website. Thanks for the help in advance.

FYI: Mancini HD engine mounts are the glossier black mounts on the pictures for references.

Chryco Psycho

Another good product is Polylock mounts , you can always talk to Dave @ Roseville , he can supply mounts , offers better customer service & could probably check the mounts befor shipping them to you

7212Mopar

Well, you are not the first to have issue with the mag mount. I ran into the same issue on my 340 and found the same issue you noted. Funny thing is many other members in this forum have no issue. So may be you got the same batch as me. If you want locking mount, you might try Mity Mounts. I went with them but they are not perfect either. They got the nut and bolt hole correct but the way they form the bracket results in a larger radius at the corners. So the mount did not seat entirely flat on the k frame. I had to insert a shim to fill the gap. You might be best to get the motor mount from Roseville and fab a torque strap for the driver side mount.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

I just installed a set few weeks ago...no issues  :dunno:

They offered your money back, why is that poor customer service ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I've always had good luck with Mancini. They must have gotten a bad batch of mounts. Whatever you do don't try to use the parts store Anchors or similar.
Sheldon

Scooter

Had a similar issue with the poly-locks I ordered from PST for the Challenger, the saddle was too narrow and it would not sit flat on the k-member. Just had them refund my $$.

If that stock mount fits right you can always pin it yourself, not hard to do and far less expensive than other mounts available. I read a lot on pinning when I was ready to drop the BB in my Ford. Went a slightly different route and ground off the stud, drilled a hole through the entire mount and slipped a grade-8 bolt through it. Used a nylon nut on the other side. 20 minutes work and this mount will never tear in half & takes the load up nicely. Not as much vibration as a solid or poly mount until you are in the throttle hard.  :alan2cents: