Main Menu

Market for 2010 Challengers in 2050 ?

Started by Racer57, August 02, 2020, 06:56:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

Another thread made me think of this................

30 years from now will there be people bragging about finding a 2010 Challenger R/T that only needs new quarter panels, fix the mouse eaten electrics and replace the rotted seats ? Personally I think there is too much computer/electrics hassles which will mean very little market.

RUNCHARGER

I agree: I think it will be easy to find a clean body but the electrics will be a stumbling block. They will need to be restomodded with all new powertrain and electronics.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

I agree, the cars of today have too much complex electronics and computers that I can't imagine the aftermarket and rebuilders will even try to continue to support them 30 years from now.

anlauto

People will be yanking out those old "Hemis" and resto-moding them with high torque electric motors  :pokeeye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: anlauto on August 02, 2020, 07:16:44 AM
People will be yanking out those old "Hemis" and resto-moding them with high torque electric motors  :pokeeye:

:iagree: Unfortunately, you might be more right than funny  :haha:

Katfish

Exactly right, in 30 years they'll be converting to electric motors running hydrogen.

screamindriver

Quote from: Katfish on August 02, 2020, 12:57:46 PM
Exactly right, in 30 years they'll be converting to electric motors running hydrogen.
Maybe sooner if Biden gets his way...It'll be business as usual like the Obama years with more govt emission restrictions and fossil fuel killing programs across the board.. I'm all for technology but from what I see we need to let the tech catch up to what's expected out of an electric vehicle and ease the transition..Without the govt forcing their hand or financing the whole push to the car makers.. If a gallon of gas goes the route of  R-12 refrigerant and ends up too much for any future hot rodders to play with then yes,  I can see where the shell of a classic car gets a complete overhaul... But with the car culture taking a back seat from a mainstream position to other events I doubt we'll see another resurgence like we've already witnessed in our lifetime..  :alan2cents: 

GoodysGotaCuda

The shear numbers of how many were produced will keep value from being much of anything. Unless you have a very low production car [Demon], I wouldn't expect it to be worth anything, especially with the abundance of Hellcat models out there.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mopsquad

340Challman

Quote from: Mopsquad on August 05, 2020, 05:13:00 PM
Now this gem maybe another story...

free picture upload sites no registration

Foul! Bad form! Bad form! Don't do that without a warning. Now I have to go see the doctor for sudden onset nauseousness and temporary loss of eye sight.  :barf: :o
:D :))
Kevin

torredcuda

Just like `70`s musclecars the "rare" model newer Chargers and Challengers may be worth restoring but many will just be old cars for parts or crushed.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

RUNCHARGER

Maybe by about 2030 people will be restoring their old cell phones instead of old cars. I couldn't wait to drive once I hit about 10 years old. I see 30 and 40 year olds still living with their parents and not caring about driving or owning a car.
Sheldon

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 06, 2020, 06:52:50 AM
I couldn't wait to drive once I hit about 10 years old. I see 30 and 40 year olds still living with their parents and not caring about driving or owning a car.

I read on another forum of a guy working with two 20-somethings who come to work by Uber everyday. They have no interest in driving or owning a car. They just want to play games on their phones while being driven around.

Even though you and I are of the same mindset, I give these young guys credit for not wanting to play with their phones while driving.

72 Challenger

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 06, 2020, 06:52:50 AM
Maybe by about 2030 people will be restoring their old cell phones instead of old cars. I couldn't wait to drive once I hit about 10 years old. I see 30 and 40 year olds still living with their parents and not caring about driving or owning a car.

This is the killer. Right now the cost of everything is going up so fast most people my age rather live downtown and not have to incur the cost of an automobile. It's even less then an appliance then a car has ever been in it's existence. I have a friend who owns zero cars, lives downtown in a condo but own an airplane. Just takes an uber to it. Still cheaper then a car payment, insurance and parking.

Very few people my age care about cars in general. Whether they are 830 hp demons or 1971 Hemi cuda's.

I am positive I will see the ban on the sale of fossil fuels in my lifetime. I'm 34.
Someday I will have a J0b.