Main Menu

Maybe a Weird Questions / Exhaust leak???

Started by Cudajason, June 25, 2024, 08:59:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 09, 2024, 07:44:48 AMMy convertible has turndown mufflers and I get dose of exhaust when I take it out for a drive.  In fact, when I get home and open the garage door to back the car back into its space, I always turn on the the ceiling fan in my garage in preparation for getting the car inside.  After maneuvering the car to get it located just right in the garage, which involves getting out of the car a time or two and possibly moving it some more, I get a lungfull of exhaust.  That car is parked by the wall where the service door is, and I have to get the car positioned such that that door will swing fully open without hitting the car's fender!
After shutting down, I then head outside for fresh air and to let the garage defume for a bit before heading back in to get stuff out of the trunk and disconnect the battery and so on. 
After I get in the house, I notice my T shirt emits a bit of exhaust odor.
Probably not healthy, but on the other hand I'm only driving that car a couple dozen times a year and I don't see any way around it.  Hopefully that exposure won't end up killing me, it hasn't yet! I don't think there is any way to make the exhaust cleaner on vintage cars.
I don't smell any exhaust while out and about.  The only car of mine I ever experienced that with has been my T/A that has the exhaust tips located below and just behind the driver and passenger door, meaning the exhaust rises and enters the interior while stationary at a traffic light and such.

I have similar tight quarters in my garage. I lay some 2" wide painters tape at strategic points for position referencing. Non permanent because I frequently switch positions for 2 cars as necessary.
Literally within 2-3 inches from certain items.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.