Main Menu

Milodon slow to deliver

Started by ledphoot, May 21, 2018, 06:21:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

I ordered a Milodon small block mopar circle track oil pan on April 3rd and it has had its delivery date pushed back twice now. Current estimate is June 7th. Is this typical for them?

Cuda Cody

:o  That's a long time to wait.  I've not order from them so I do not know if that's normal. 

Shane Kelley

I order all my performance parts from Summit Racing. It will show when you order when it ships. "today" Almost everything is in stock and usually cheaper than buying direct. Free shipping on orders of $100 or more. I get my orders in 3 days.  :perfect10:

ledphoot

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 21, 2018, 06:46:48 AM
I order all my performance parts from Summit Racing. It will show when you order when it ships. "today" Almost everything is in stock and usually cheaper than buying direct. Free shipping on orders of $100 or more. I get my orders in 3 days.  :perfect10:

The pan and pickups were two items on a much larger order from summit. In the modern era of instant gratification this is a bit frustrating. :)

autoxcuda

Is that also called the road race pan ?

Those are not fast moving products. For years there was nothing comparable available and Milodon stepped up to offer something.

I'm happy someone is willing to offer low volume products.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

ledphoot

Quote from: autoxcuda on May 21, 2018, 08:58:22 AM
Is that also called the road race pan ?

Those are not fast moving products. For years there was nothing comparable available and Milodon stepped up to offer something.

I'm happy someone is willing to offer low volume products.

Yes it is and I am happy they make it too. The current Milodon pan on my engine hangs below the k-member and this new pan will be much more street friendlily. I just hope the date doesn't slip again and I am posting so people know these may take time.

Brads70

Ya I just placed an order at Summit for a carb kit and a few other things last week. Carb kit said "ships tomorrow" when I ordered it now it's holding up the order and they guess sometime in June.... :tired:
That's not my normal experience with Summit....

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Brads70 on May 21, 2018, 12:16:14 PM
Ya I just placed an order at Summit for a carb kit and a few other things last week. Carb kit said "ships tomorrow" when I ordered it now it's holding up the order and they guess sometime in June.... :tired:
That's really odd. They usually ship everything right out except the BO parts to me on orders with multiple items. I have to tell you guys I order from Summit at least once a week. Always got something coming between my cars and others I'm working on. But like everything in life. Shit happens!

ledphoot

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 22, 2018, 06:01:03 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on May 21, 2018, 12:16:14 PM
That's really odd. They usually ship everything right out except the BO parts to me on orders with multiple items. I have to tell you guys I order from Summit at least once a week. Always got something coming between my cars and others I'm working on. But like everything in life. Shit happens!

Summit sent me my entire order except for the Milodon pan / pickup...

HP2

Milodon produces those oil pans in batches. Once batch stock is gone, they build more of them. Frustrating to wait, but better than no option at all.

You could try checking with other sources like Mancini, Bob Mazzolini Racing, or Roseville Moparts.  There might be another place or two that has stock they could deliver immediately.

RUNCHARGER

It can be frustrating. I sell parts to all make guys and I have a good customer that has been waiting about 2 months for a right side fender and door. Mopar guys sort of expect it but the Chebbie guys are pretty spoiled and get excited right away.
Sheldon

ledphoot

I actually just canceled the order.. I just have to be careful in parking lots with the 8 quart pan.. It's already on the motor and it fits / works fine.. I am tired of adding things to the pile and draining my bank account :) Over $500 saved.

ledphoot

Quote from: HP2 on May 22, 2018, 03:00:56 PM
Milodon produces those oil pans in batches. Once batch stock is gone, they build more of them. Frustrating to wait, but better than no option at all.

You could try checking with other sources like Mancini, Bob Mazzolini Racing, or Roseville Moparts.  There might be another place or two that has stock they could deliver immediately.

You were spot on.. I sent out emails to all the sites you recommended and Hughes Engines had the pickup / pan in stock ready to deliver.. So I went ahead and pulled that trigger.... Didn't save the money, hope I don't have any clearance issues with the TTI headers / pan, read some guy with Edelbrock heads, TTI headers and this pan had some clearance issues.. Will sort it out if I do :)

autoxcuda

Ledfoot, small block or big block?

I have small block, edelbrock heads, TTI step header... no clearance issues.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

ledphoot

Quote from: autoxcuda on May 23, 2018, 01:32:36 PM
Ledfoot, small block or big block?

I have small block, edelbrock heads, TTI step header... no clearance issues.

Awesome, maybe the post I read was a one off :)

Yeah, small block stroker with Edelbrock heads / TTI stepped headers.

THANKS!