Main Menu

Mopar Art

Started by ToxicWolf, January 04, 2018, 10:52:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

Since the e-bodies lines are so beautiful, there are many works of art that feature them.  I thought I would start a thread where we can share our favorites.  One of my favorite artists is Michael Irvine. Please feel free to add your favorites.  Here is a link to his site:  http://michaelirvine.com/39-art-mopar

Roadman

Top of page 2, something for @Brads70     :stayinlane:

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: ToxicWolf on January 04, 2018, 10:52:24 AM
Since the e-bodies lines are so beautiful, there are many works of art that feature them.  I thought I would start a thread where we can share our favorites.  One of my favorite artists is Michael Irvine. Please feel free to add your favorites.  Here is a link to his site:  http://michaelirvine.com/39-art-mopar

Beautiful art indeed, thanks

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

Quote from: Roadman on January 04, 2018, 11:16:51 AM
Top of page 2, something for @Brads70     :stayinlane:

There are quite a few of his works I'd like, No way I could pick just one! LOL

ToxicWolf

Also, we all need to remember that when we restore one of these cars we are not just expressing mechanical skill.  There are also artistic preferences and skills at work.

Restoration exactly as built
Put on vinyl top or leave it off
What stripe to use
What color to paint the car
What wheels to put on the car

When we build a restomod or custom, etc. all of this becomes important.  It really does express your own artistic self.

And then there are those like, Alan.  He restores these cars exactly the way they were built.  The same way that skilled artist restore great works of art.

bentpshrods

One of my hobbies is building model cars and putting them in dioramas. I like the rusty/crusty look of the cars in barns scenes.  I found the artist Dale Klee does a lot of stuff in this style.  Especially like his calendars.  @oldcarart.com    I also got a bunch of black and white prints of Thom Sansoucie .  Got most of these for under $5.00 from a guy at a car show.  @pacificcarart.com    Got them above my modeling bench area.   

Cudakiller70

I like your thinking on this, cars certainly are an art form and this is a cool way of viewing this world

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on January 04, 2018, 06:31:12 PM
I like your thinking on this, cars certainly are an art form and this is a cool way of viewing this world

Thanks, Cudakiller  :ohyeah:

Cudakiller70

Used to get these cards in gum packs, last 2 pics just like. Interesting looking at this from an art view

blown motor

I think my favorite artist is Toxicwolf. Show us your work Jim.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudakiller70

Quote from: blown motor on January 05, 2018, 05:45:10 AM
I think my favorite artist is Toxicwolf. Show us your work Jim.
Let's see it Jim, Post some up!

dave73

Can't go wrong with an aaron beck rendering. Huge inspiration into why I built mine into what I did.

ToxicWolf

Those are great everybody. Thanks.  :ohyeah:

I'll through something up here eventually.  :haha:

69bronzeT5

I have these up in my house.........I don't seem to have any good pictures of the Brice Road one on my wall so I'll just post a picture off Google.

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/