Main Menu

Mopar increases the Performance Gap

Started by 303 Mopar, July 19, 2019, 12:21:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2019, 09:29:48 AM
Quote from: IRON MAN on July 21, 2019, 09:08:05 AM
The 2020 Corvette is/will be  the only mid-engine car built in america, and she's gorgeous!!!.

Where's the Ford GT built, China ?
wow!  The Ford GT is built in the country you live in....Canada.

anlauto

Quote from: IRON MAN on July 21, 2019, 05:28:01 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2019, 09:29:48 AM
Quote from: IRON MAN on July 21, 2019, 09:08:05 AM
The 2020 Corvette is/will be  the only mid-engine car built in america, and she's gorgeous!!!.

Where's the Ford GT built, China ?
wow!  The Ford GT is built in the country you live in....Canada.

Really ? WOW...I had no idea.... :rofl: that's funny....my bad...who would have thought that the pinnacle of " America's Car Company" is manufactured in Canada  :haha: :haha: :canada:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Sorry couldn't resist..... :Stirring:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70chall440

Spent 2 days driving C7's Stingrays at the GM corporate event in Dallas in March, admittedly not the Z06 or ZL1, but similar DNA. While they are nice (because they were brand new), would take my G2 Viper over any vette any day. It feels like what it is, a very high performance car, dare I say race car with license plates. The vette while very "sporty" had more knobs, buttons and switches than the space shuttle to the point where it was distracting. I did like the HUD, but that was about it. Yes, I am biased but many of the attendees when I was talking to them about the Vettes and mentioned "Viper" instantly said something to the effect of "now there is a real performance car".

One of the guys who worked with me an instructor at Ron Fellows racing and they use Z06's, he says they beat the dog crap out of them and they just keep coming back for more. The other guy with me worked at some Porsche place in LA and he was kind of laughing at that comment...
Mopar or no car!!!

Chryco Psycho

That would still be my pick also , 2001 Viper or the last series  :twothumbsup:

HP_Cuda

Apparently cause you guys work cheaper!!!

:rofl:

1 USD = 1.31 CAD
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

The average line worker at Ford/GM/Chrysler (in Canada) makes $45/hr :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Racer57

Ginger and MaryAnn  :D     

303 Mopar

If anyone thinks they will come close to buying a new vette for $60k you are loopy  :crazytalk:

I will take this gorgeous Viper over any vette any day.  BTW, its up for sale on BAT now - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-dodge-srt-viper-3/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_model_notification

750-h2

Mid engine Corvette base price $59,000 :wowzers: . Ford GT base price $500,000  :drunk:

RUNCHARGER

Yup $59k is a steal, you can have a lot of fun for that $$$. My Viper listed at over $100k.
Sheldon

Racer57

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 27, 2019, 07:52:21 AM
Yup $59k is a steal, you can have a lot of fun for that $$$. My Viper listed at over $100k.
I paid $43,000 for my 465hp 2015 vette with 12,500 miles on it in 2017.   I tell people that ask if I prefer the Vette or the Cuda. I tell them the Vette is "throw away techno". The Cuda is 70's muscle.   :D

70 Challenger Lover

1 or 2 years used is the way to go. When I see a Vette at a dealership, they always order them with lots of stuff making the base price swell dramatically then they tack on extra dealer bumps because they can. Highly doubtful you could walk out of there with a new Vette anywhere close to 60s.

The used ones though are usually purchased new by old timers (young people generally can't afford them) and they are pampered and garaged. Driven lightly and infrequently. I know of many people who bought beautiful gently used Vettes for a song.

I wouldn't want one anymore than I'd want a new Challenger. Just too many produced. They are everywhere. And when they are everywhere they aren't really special anymore. I guess I'm too pragmatic. My newer cars are strictly disposable people movers and my old cars are for turning heads.