Main Menu

MoparAl says hi

Started by cuda hunter, February 04, 2023, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I spent some time with MoparAl down in Sweet Home Alabama.   He wanted me to just say a general hello to everyone he knows on the forum here.
  He says he will get his computer fixed and get back on here since CC is basically dead.
Al is doing great compared to how he was feeling just a year or two ago.   He is up walking and working on cars. 
Currently working on a 63 1/2 fury and a 72 Demon.  Both with a ton of power and the duster has 31's.  Gonna be a blast.

It appears that Al has purchased Gordon's M46 -BH23G0B113378- and is in the process of bringing it back.  I'm supplying the scoops for Al. 

I purchased several original parts (rusty) from Al's fc7 M46 -BH23G0B102911
Nothing special, just some low performance stuff like brakes and what not. 

BH23G0B113378 is #16 on the M46 list.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/the-m46-list/16415/
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MEK-Dangerous

Josh,

Thanks for the update on Al.
From what I remember, Gordon's car was in sad shape. Al never backs down from a Challenge though. I'm glad he is doing better!

Brads70

1ownr

Great news - glad to hear Al is in action again!

judy

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Good to hear Al is up and about and working on his cars.  :wrenching:
Has Gordon's M46 eh? Last pic I saw of that car he had removed A LOT of sheet metal and it was on it's wheels in a garage with an uneven gravel floor. Pretty sure it was pretty twisted by the time Al got it.
Any pics Josh? Of Al..or cars?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

Great to hear! That man is a 1 of a kind.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Thanks for the update Josh @cuda hunter  . . Maybe he could be well enough to come to Carlisle this year? 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Not sure if he would.  I know that he plans on being ready for racing in the late spring in Alabama at several events.  I'll mention it to him when I speak to him again to gauge his interest.  Would be cool to have him up there.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Bullitt-

Josh, great that you could spend time with Alan and that he is doing better.
Quote from: blown motor on February 04, 2023, 03:42:08 PM
Great to hear! That man is a 1 of a kind.
That's an understatement...  :)
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

BIGSHCLUNK

Wow! Glad to hear he's doping well  :banana:

dodj

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on February 07, 2023, 06:23:32 AM
Wow! Glad to hear he's doping well  :banana:
Maybe that's why he feels better? lol

just kidding. ;)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71340RT

I'm glad Alan is doing better. Most of us know him from cc.com which is where I found out what a great guy he is.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

Slotts

I got a tip regarding this thread...

For anyone that has had the pleasure of meeting Alan, each have very fond memories of that occasion. Besides being a person that left an indelible fantastic memory on each person he ever met, so knowledgeable about our Mopars, such a generous person with his knowledge and with parts for people in need. It is just fantastic news to hear he is in much better health. That is truly a blessing from above.

One of my fondest hilarious memories with Alan was after a Carlisle show with a bunch of meeting up at his hotel. This was back in 2009 or 2010, if I remember correctly. Even Neil (Chryco) was there. Nothing at all to do with Mopars.

He brought and opened this case with a six string that just happened to be a Martin! I don't remember the model, but away he went, singing and playing. The best tune that had us all in tears laughing was his rendition of "Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road"! We were all belly aching laughing. It was just fantastic!

So glad you are feeling better and hope you get a chance to read this thread. Such good times! When you're are up to it, it would be a please to hear from you.
Hope all is well with Peggy, too!

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

dodj

Glad to see a note from you Jim. You are among the group of people from cc.c that I don't see post anymore that left a positive impression with me.
Retired from the switch business I assume?
Hope you are doing well!