Main Menu

Most Accurate Battery Cables?

Started by TWS, October 12, 2022, 06:04:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TWS

Who makes the most accurate battery cables these days?  Best source to purchase from?  426 Hemi is the application.  Thanks.

anlauto

Question for @69BFan  Richard ?

Where does Roger Gibson/Frank Badelson get theirs from ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

@TWS and Alan, I would like to think that the negative and positive battery cables that we offer are the most correct and offers the best performance of any of the reproduction cables.  We make the cables for most makes and models from 1962 up to the mid 70s for Slant 6 to Hemi applications.  Unlike some of the reproduction cables, our cables are based off of assembly line pieces.  We have found that the over the counter NOS cables can differ significantly from the assembly line pieces.  Also, Chrysler used two different vendors throughout this time frame, so you will notice differences in the shape of the heads and markings.

For our cables, we use the same gage of wires as were originally used with all of the various pigtails and add-ons to replicate the factory cables.  All cables are 100% copper and not aluminum and the heads are cast lead to firmly grip the cable end.  For the Hemi positive cables, the asbestos sheathing is no longer available.  We use a fiberglass cloth material to duplicate that feature of the cables.

There are a wide variety of vendors carrying our line of QQD cables.  As for as which cables that Frank carries, to my knowledge, he is sourcing some of our QQD cables.  He also carries some of the M&H cables and has some inventory of original Chrysler cables.

Be careful of the supposedly NOS cables.  The over the counter cables that was available in the late 70s and early 80s may be factory cables, but they usually saw a number of revisions and retros to cover a variety of applications.  Some of the more supposedly correct reproductions out there are based on these cables and are not reflective of the cables that originally came on the cars.

https://restorationpartsandmaterials.com/products/1971-plymouth-cuda-positive-automatic-transmission-hemi-battery-cable?_pos=50&_sid=e00b77f77&_ss=r
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TWS