Main Menu

N94 440 Six Pack Challenger

Started by rftroy, April 14, 2018, 02:22:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rftroy

The last time I searched on all the various Mopar sites, no one has yet found a Challenger that came from the factory with a 440 Six Pack and an N94 T/A hood.
This still true?  Anything turn up in recent years?

If not, then the next question may only be answerable by speculation.
What air cleaner lid would have come with a 440 Six Pack in a Challenger ordered with a T/A hood?
The one normally found on all Six Pack cars except A12 and Trans Am, or the Trans Am/A12 lid with the extra lip around the edge?

Attached is a printout of the 70-71 book.  The last entry show a listing for a cover for a 340 or 440 eng. with 3-2-bbl carb, w/Fiber Glass Hood.  This is a different part number from anything else, 3577395.

For 70 there is one listing that shows w/3-2Bbl. Carb., w/340 or 440 Eng. - p/n 2946393, which is the p/n for the common six pack lid.  Which we all know isn't right for a Trans Am car.

Anyone familiar with the 3577395 number?

Bob
70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

Chryco Psycho

I would be more than happy to jump in my time machine & go order 1 , I promise I would keep it as the original owner too .
Unfortunately I cannot get my time machine working  :bricks:

71REDCUDA

I know of a 70 Challenger v code in FY1 with factory N94 hood.

6bblgt

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on April 21, 2018, 10:34:06 PM

please, tell us more  :twothumbsup:

71REDCUDA

Sorry i didnt save the conversation with the owner of the car.. I know the car was stored for 30 some years and current owner is a guy named John Howard. I have no pics of the tag. Only a few on the car thats being restored to non OE apperance (maby done by now).

fc7cuda

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on April 21, 2018, 10:34:06 PM

Now that sounds like a super cool car!  :twothumbsup:  Can't wait to see some pics when it's done.

sixpak340

Got these two lids with my TA when I bought it . One is metal with the number 2946393 on it. The other is fiberglass. Any idea why one is fiberglass? Did any cars use them in black or do they come this way and get painted. I also got the correct one for my car with it and painted it orange. This is my first post , appreciate any comments.

anlauto

The factory never offered those lids in fiberglass, but plenty of aftermarket companies have made them.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

blown motor

Welcome to the site @sixpak340. Please go to new member introductions and tell us about yourself.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Floyd

Reviving this old post.  Here's a NOS 3577395 wide-lip lid.  This part would be correct for N94 equipped sixpack e-bodies.  Although the part number would be different, I would assume this would be the same lid used on the A12 cars?

cuda hunter

@71REDCUDA    Any more info on this N94 car?

@Floyd   That is an awesome piece.  Just recently picked it up? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Floyd

I've had it 15-20 years.  Just saw this post.