Main Menu

New episode of Nick's Garage featuring my Challenger!

Started by benlavigne, April 13, 2018, 06:48:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

Hope the imbedded video link works...
I've had Nick build me a mild 400 to replace the (non-original) 383 that was in the car when I bought it... The video guy was not there when he dyno-tested it, we were shooting to have better HP than a 1970 383HP (335 HP), I was hoping for 440HP... Ended up with 392HP @5200 RPM! HP manifolds and smaller AVS brought it down to about 350, enough to spin the new Polyglas!
And yes, that incorrect (and peeling!) hood decal has been replaced... ;-)
Ben

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

GY3R/T

Nice Looking Challenger Benlavigne !!! Great video !!  Those sound like pretty long burnouts  :burnout:  I think i would pick a different spot to to be test driving like that... :o  Lots of cars on that street !!! Guess im getting old. :(  Kinda funny how Nick seemed confused about the shifter.

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

@benlavigne  That is awesome!!!  Nick is a stud.  He is super smart and seems like a great guy.  I love the color on your Challenger and the sound is perfect.   :wowzers:   :clapping:  It grabs 2nd nice with a good chip.  Well done!!!  And I love seeing the EBO sticker on there.   :drinkingbud:   :grouphug: 

BIGSHCLUNK

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Dakota

Thanks for sharing.   Awesome car, especially the sound.   Probably best if you put in an order for new tires now given the length of the burnouts that machine can deliver.

benlavigne

Quote from: Dakota on April 14, 2018, 01:31:19 AM
Thanks for sharing.   Awesome car, especially the sound.   Probably best if you put in an order for new tires now given the length of the burnouts that machine can deliver.

Haha, Thanks! Those Polyglas can get expensive once they get here in Canada,,, THey leave a mark, but not much smoke... @smallhurst will probably get another order at the end of Summer... I also have another setup with T/A's, but the Polyglas look sooooo good on an E Body!

Ben

303 Mopar

Your car looks so good with the color and side scoops, '71 is my favorite year of the Challenger!  And it sounds great too!  That 400 ci seems to be pulling hard, enjoy!  And make more videos!   :banana:

71-440

Joe