Main Menu

New (to me) Ram pickup

Started by GrandpaKevin, November 13, 2018, 06:07:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

After close to 12 years and 186k miles I have decided to retire my daily driver 2004 Ram quadcab diesel.

The truck has been bulletproof and is ready for more miles but our harsh winters have taken it's toll and it's getting rusty. :crying:

I had been looking in slow motion for the perfect replacement and had very specific requirements.

I plan to keep the my diesel truck for heavy towing needs so I was concentrating on loaded 2013-2017 4x4 Ram 1500 crewcabs.

I wanted something with lows miles in excellent condition but I wanted to pay cash so I wanted a truck that was a few years old and had depreciated a fair amount...tall order I know.

Well after looking at quite a few trucks I got a call from a buddy of mine who is sales manager at a Ram dealership.

He said they were getting a "creampuff" 2014 4x4 Ram Longhorn with 31k miles on it in trade from a guy in his 70's that bought it new and never drove in snow or bad weather. He was trading on a new 2019 Longhorn $$$$.

As soon as I saw the truck, it's condition and options I knew it was the one, the truck is spotless, the always skeptical wifegod was impressed too.

So after some quick negotiating and getting the truck certified and added maxcare Mopar 7/100k warranty thrown in I was writing a check.

So here's my new Hemi powered cruiser.

2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn.
Deep cherry red pearlcoat with black/tan cattle interior.
Pretty much every option minus the ramboxes and air ride suspension which I didn't want.

Lots of buttons and options to figure out for this old guy....

RCman

Cuda Cody

Good looking rig!  Love the color.    :inlove:

anlauto

Great colour combo  :drooling:  I love my air ride suspension, especially for trailering  :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Congrats. I'll be keeping my 18 for a long time. I had an 05 Cummins as well but I was running around empty most of the time so I figured a gasser was better for my use.
Sheldon

Swamp Donkey

Nice truck.  I have also been thinking about replacing, or putting my 04.5 3500 Dodge 4x4  on light duty. With the 610,000 kms on the odometer it's  getting close to retirement of some sort.  I've got a few Ram 1500 ecodiesel trucks picked out on Kijiji.  But also thinking another 3500 Cummins might be something I need!   
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

Morty426

Dakota

Nice buy!   My Ram is a similar vintage to your old one.  I have done a little shopping for a replacement but couldn't convince myself to pull to the trigger.  Your new ride looks great. 

JS29

dodgemania

Congrats what a beautiful truck it's remind me of my first truck i purchase in 2007 dodge ram 1500 rumble bee model 04  i never forget that truck i still miss my bee today

Guscuda

:bradsthumb: very nice! Buddy mine has a black one and I have driven it, awesome trucks

303 Mopar

That interior is gorgeous!  Love the color, and sounds like your buddy is a good buddy to have!   :banana:

340challconvert

:drinkingbud:
Nice Truck
Best of luck with it!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible